Leslie Sansone February 2024 Walk and Workout Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    We hit 72° today. We did a slow 1-mile walk at the park for Ryan. After returning from the park I got the weather alert for Winter Weather Advisory. 🤦🏼‍♀️ We are supposed to go down into the 20s with the chance of..well everything. Thunderstorms, hail, wind, 2" of snow, tornadoes 🌪️ for good measure. So it sounds like we are both in for a 50° whiplash from the weather. The 60s are back in the forecast for the weekend. Tomorrow sounds good for a little step aerobics. 😊

Oh, a walking track sounds nice!

I think my wrist is a bit of a 2-factor punch. The computer work for sure, but I sometimes sleep with my hands curled inward. We see our Chiropractor tomorrow and he'll give them a good adjustment. These adjustments have helped fend off the need for surgery.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Feb Challenge: Log every day: 2 mile walk MWF: Challenge walk Sat or Sun: 3 (Garmin logged) miles/day
    Feb 1-Log 3: Walk-Rest: Miles: 2.0
    Feb 2-Log 3: WAH: Walk Away Your Hips & Thighs-2 miles: Miles: 3.3
    Feb 3-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 4-Log 3: WAH: 2 Miracle Miles: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 5-Log 3: Just Walk:30 Minute Big Burn: Miles 4.4
    Feb 6-Log 3: Rest Day: Miles: 3.9
    Feb 7-Log 3: WAP 2 Brisk Miles: Miles: 3.8
    Feb 8-Log 2: Rest: Miles: 2.1
    Feb 9-Log 1: Away : Miles: 1.0
    Feb 10-Log 1: Away: Miles: 1.2
    Feb 11-Log 2: Away: Miles: 1.5
    Feb 12-Log 3: Away: Miles: 1.8
    Feb 13-Log 3: Rest? : Miles: 1.0
    Feb 14-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.6
    Feb 15-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.3
    Feb 16-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.6
    Feb 17-Log 3: Just Walk:30 Minute Big Burn: Miles: 3.3
    Feb 18-Log 3: WAH: 5K with a Twist: Miles: 4.4
    Feb 19-Log 3: WAH: 3 Heart Healthy Miles: Miles: 5.5
    Feb 20-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 2.8
    Feb 21-Log 3: WAH: iWalk Strong: Miles: 3.9
    Feb 22-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 23-Log 3: WAH: 3 Mile weight Loss walk: Miles: 4.1
    Feb 24-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 1.8
    Feb 25-Log 3: WAH 3 Miracle Miles: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 26-Log 3: WAH Part of 3 and 4 Mile Express walk: Miles: 4.1
    FEB 27-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 1.8
    Feb 28-Log 3: WAH Burn Body Fat-3 miles: Miles
    I opened a bunch of windows in the house and let the wind blow through it! The house smells so fresh and clean!!! It is 57F and I could not stand it. I had to open windows before it goes down to 10F tonight. Dennis is cleaning the ashes out of the insert and I am going to wash the insert windows. We are getting ready for a nice winter evening of reading in front of the fireplace after a nice day of airing out the house. What else can you do with this weather but go with it? :laugh:
    The temps have broken records here, but they say this weekend will be even warmer, as high as 60F, which is unheard of for March here. Usually, I cannot even begin to clean our screen porch and get it ready for summer until early May because it is still too cold. At this rate, the lake will thaw and we can go get our dock and put the boat in next week! :noway: We are under a high wind warning starting at around 7 with gusts up to 60MPH. We moved the truck and car closer to the garage away from the trees. Hopefully, the trees stay up! :cry:
    I have laid out my plan for March. On M & F I am going to do just aerobic walks. On W-walks with weights or bands to start increasing my strength. On either Sa or Su, I am going to to a 3 or 4 Miracle mile workout again to get my strength increased. By the end of the month, I am hoping to be able to do 4 miles, but we will see how it goes. TR will remain rest days. I am also logging pretty regularly now so I am not going to track that here anymore. I needed to get that back on track because when I log, I Iose-it is a simple fact-weight is lost in the kitchen. :ohwell:
    If we are not blown away-I'll check-in tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    We broke records for the biggest drop in temperature today. I went to bed with a thunderstorm rolling through and woke up to wind and snow. We start to climb out of this cold Friday for a nice weekend and entry into March. I know the NWS issued a couple of Tornado warnings here in MI last night. I think they confirmed an F-2 south of me.

My visit to the Chiropractor was greatly needed. I got in and he found that my right side seemed to be shifted and "off" about a 1". After working on my spine he set his sights on my right ankle and my whole right arm, wrist to shoulder.

Since I got a lot more walks outside than I planned, I think I redo my February plan for March. Focusing on the Miracle Miles and Strength training with step aerobics as a bonus event. I'd like to be comfortable to be doing a Leslie 5K by my birthday in May.

Happy Leap year Day, @zichab!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Feb Challenge: Log every day: 2 mile walk MWF: Challenge walk Sat or Sun: 3 (Garmin logged) miles/day
    Feb 1-Log 3: Walk-Rest: Miles: 2.0
    Feb 2-Log 3: WAH: Walk Away Your Hips & Thighs-2 miles: Miles: 3.3
    Feb 3-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 4-Log 3: WAH: 2 Miracle Miles: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 5-Log 3: Just Walk:30 Minute Big Burn: Miles 4.4
    Feb 6-Log 3: Rest Day: Miles: 3.9
    Feb 7-Log 3: WAP 2 Brisk Miles: Miles: 3.8
    Feb 8-Log 2: Rest: Miles: 2.1
    Feb 9-Log 1: Away : Miles: 1.0
    Feb 10-Log 1: Away: Miles: 1.2
    Feb 11-Log 2: Away: Miles: 1.5
    Feb 12-Log 3: Away: Miles: 1.8
    Feb 13-Log 3: Rest? : Miles: 1.0
    Feb 14-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.6
    Feb 15-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.3
    Feb 16-Log 0: Walk-0: Miles: 1.6
    Feb 17-Log 3: Just Walk:30 Minute Big Burn: Miles: 3.3
    Feb 18-Log 3: WAH: 5K with a Twist: Miles: 4.4
    Feb 19-Log 3: WAH: 3 Heart Healthy Miles: Miles: 5.5
    Feb 20-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 2.8
    Feb 21-Log 3: WAH: iWalk Strong: Miles: 3.9
    Feb 22-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 23-Log 3: WAH: 3 Mile weight Loss walk: Miles: 4.1
    Feb 24-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 1.8
    Feb 25-Log 3: WAH 3 Miracle Miles: Miles: 3.2
    Feb 26-Log 3: WAH Part of 3 and 4 Mile Express walk: Miles: 4.1
    FEB 27-Log 3: Rest: Miles: 1.8
    Feb 28-Log 3: WAH Burn Body Fat-3 miles: Miles 4.7
    Feb 20-Log 3: Rest: Miles 1.7
    Total Miles: Feb 81.8
    We got snow as well! Not a lot but snow is snow these days and we are back in the 40s today and into the 60 by mid-week! :laugh:
    That is one thing I do NOT miss about MI-the tornado sirens and warnings. They used to scare me to death. I hope no one was hurt or the F-2 did not touch down.
    On to March! :bigsmile: