mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,470 Member
Mornin' gents...

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited March 7
    Options
    Mornin'. rain, rain, rain. Three inches, but the sun will come out tomorrow, they say. Taking the canoe out of storage tomorrow and paddling with a friend on the Ware River to see what wildlife is hiding there. Not far from me, and yet hangout of moose, I am told.

Was about to toss my Fitbit watch when I noticed the charger was simply not closing tight and making contact. A rubber band around it and watch came back to life, now fully charged. The heart sensor still doesn't work but the rest does. Tracked my breakfast this morning on the app. Maybe turning over a new leaf...?

Somehow I forgot to check in here yesterday. Chords class met, and teacher had asked me to see if I could fix a few sour notes on the piano with my tuning kit. The Sr. Center director however says the town's contract with the regular piano tuner, and liability issues, and yada yada yada... Government dollars hard at work.

Will take a crack at my taxes today...

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Hope you see some moose, Mike.

Overall, pretty nice out here. Cool, but dry, is the theme.

The whole gang is coming over for supper tomorrow, and I am smoking a rack of ribs. Have to get the dry rub on it tonight. Rita is baking a cake, too. I am going to forego my rigorous dieting for the evening, tomorrow, and just enjoy the meal.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Nerve test yesterday was no fun, shoulder pain is shoulder not spine, have MRI on knee tomorrow.
    Beautiful here today sunny and 72, rain returns Saturday.
    Pablo has had his long walk this morning, 3.5 miles
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,586 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Suprise rainfall last night has things a bit soggy out there. Heather and I are off to the movies to see Dune 2 at the local Pub Cinema and lunch which we are looking forward to. My Friday surgery is up in the air now after a phone call from the practice who did the pre op that my cardiologist will call to schedule an appointment to review my EKG. Cardiologist office knows nothing about it but understood the situation and would reach out to my cardiologist to explain and see if he had looked at the EKG yet. So far no one has said the surgery is postponed so we are still planning on it being tomorrow afternoon at 3pm. Fun times.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Sam, too bad you had to go through the shock tests, but good that you have localized the shoulder issue. Hope the MRI is revealing, too.

Fingers crossed that you can get the surgery as scheduled, Bill.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,692 Member
    Options
    Afternoon gents.

Hang in there, Sam. Gonna MRI the shoulder too?
    Pub Cinema sounds nice. Is there an intermission so folks can hit the restroom after drinking all the craft drafts?
    I guess retired folk still gotta do the taxes. Uncle Sam gets you coming and going. If you tune pianos for free, do you get a tax break?
    Bob, you are one active fella. How are your peas?
    Sorry, I am full of questions.
    Am thinking Steve is probably buried with quarterly stuff, beside moving the plant.
    Dog training today went very well. Hopefully trial this weekend will go as well.
    Sent an email to upper management with my thoughts on the situation at work. Got an immediate response, assuring me that the there is a plan with HR and they will meet with the young doctor, I think it will be tomorrow. We shall see.
    I was feeling skinny this morning and jumped on the scale. Up a pound! I have been a good boy, too. I guess this is incentive to keep on being a good boy.

Onward and downward ;-)