• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,100 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Prayers that Bill's surgery went well. Continued prayers for a speedy and complete recovery capped by a move to Oregon!

I clocked in at 179.9 this morning. I cannot tell you the last time I weighed below 180. Woot!

Everything that we wanted moved got moved. That's all I can say. Whew! It was like chaos in the old office with 8 movers getting it done. I would be asked almost non-stop questions about what goes and what stays. We were trying not to move trash or junk to the new place. Since the kids were killed, I have this PTSD that kicks in with an anxiety attack at times that are unexpected. Yesterday, I found myself being the only manager in the old building. Yep! Panic attack. I weathered through it. We got two full trucks over to the new building. I saw them get almost completely finished. I signed the paperwork, and left about 3:30. I was in bed last night before 7:00. My Garmin died early in the day, so I don't know how many steps I got in, but it was a bunch. Monday, the computer guys are supposed to be there at 8:00. I hope to start closing the year on Monday.

Hoping for some rest this weekend.

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited March 9
    Options
    Get some rest, Steve. Job well done.

Bill, hope your surgery went smoothly. Get some rest yourself, and heal up.

Canoeing was great yesterday. Went against a strong current at times, and found a nice sunny clearing to stop and have a campfire and lunch, overlooking the river on one side and a marsh on the other. Saw a few ducks, and a pair of bald eagles flying side by side circling overhead in the blue sky. There were lots of beaver lodges but didn't see any of them out. Was chilly in the wind, but by afternoon the sun was hot. No moose, but we saw tracks in one place. The ride back with the current was no work at all. It's still late winter here.

Have a good one...
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,880 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Congrats on the loss, Steve.

I imagine I am up a bit today. We had a great supper last night, but I limited myself to one helping of everything. The ribs out of my smoker were really good, and so was the chocolate cake Rita baked. Have to clean the smoker today.

Great sounding canoe trip, MIke. I yearn for wild places. It's been almost a year since my sciatica forced me off trails.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Sounds like Pablo is trying to help DW make the bed.
    Wet day here, 60's. Rain has stopped but Pablo is like a little kid playing in puddles and mud.
    Glad you got office moved Steve.
    Pray all went well with Bill.

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,552 Member
    edited March 9
    Options
    Good Morning

Steve it is wonderful to hear positive results and a positive tone given the stress and pressures at work. Keep it going!

The surgery was a bit of an adventure. The initial paperwork was incorrect and had to be redone. 75 minutes after it was supposed to start I was asked if I had ever gotten an EKG, a point of irritation. But the head nurse in pre-op heard my tale of woe and took my suggestion to call the hospital where I had iut done and 15 minutes later it was faxed in. I waited so long they finally got me up so I could walk around for 20-30 minutes rolling my IV with me to ease the pain from the guerney and then sit in a regular chair to wait further. 2 hours late in total. The disc was in good enough shape that he could do the micro discectomy as well as the laminectomy though it means more pain and a longer recovery. I have shut down a bar or two in my college days, last night we shut down the recovery room. Regrettably a computer issue made it impossible for them to print and review the post op instructions. She said they would email it. They didn’t. But Heather remembers some of it from her back surgery and I from my web research. Initial pain levels are impressive especially the nerve irritation in my calf, but I am glad to be on the road to recovery! I am thankful for your support (and the Oxycondone!).
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,880 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a rough day, Bill. Hope the recovery goes better.