shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,140 Member
Good morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm going to the chiropractor today for the first time since May. I was going to try to go without having to see her, but I really think that going will help me feel better.

We started to get settled into the new building yesterday. I actually got a little accounting done! I will get more done today as we now have computers, and are getting settled in. With the bigger building I ended up with almost 12,000 steps yesterday, including 1.5 miles run/walk on the treadmill. I spent a few hours yesterday buying equipment and arranging the trash dumpsters.

Dave, I hope that you get the "all clear" soon.

Bill, still holding you in prayer for swift and complete recovery.

Sam, I am also still praying for you and for your knee.

Have a great day!
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,470 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,692 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

The frustration of feeling like you can do something before the time allowed is a sign that you are doing well, Dave. But I would recommend following Dr's orders.
    Hope the Chiro straightens you out, Steve.
    Knee pop back in for Pablo's walk?
    How's Bill doing?
    Bob?
    Taxes can wait, right Mike?
    I am feeling really good two weeks after my long delayed Skyrizi injection. It definitely has a significant effect.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,470 Member
    Options
    Still windy and cold here, but overcast dull gray, dreary winter sky is gone and bright sunshine is lifting my spirits, so I will get out for a hike instead of lolling around indoors.

Going to DS and DDIL's Thursday to tune their piano, a nice sounding, modern Yamaha upright from the 80's. Other pianos in the fam are from 20's, 40's and 50's, pretty beat up some of them. The one from the 40's was used in a Cape Cod bar for most of its life and is really beat to h#ll and back, but I would love to fully restore it some day.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Drove up to Seattle (the south end, not actually into the city) to a big Filipino grocery, in quest of imported mangoes. But when we got there the fruit was over-ripe and wrinkled. Bummer. Maybe next time. Had a nice lunch and Rita bought some dried fish, then we turned back south.

Glad the move seemed to go reasonably smoothly, Steve.

Bill, Bob and Sam, hope things go better for you today. I am constantly amazed at your fortitude and positive attitudes.

Glad the injections have had the desired effect, Lee.

The piano tuning is fascinating, Mike. We just shipped out the big grand piano from the sanctuary at church, to have the hammers replaced. That's a big job, I guess, but less than the cost of a new piano. We have a second piano that was wheeled in as a replacement while the work is ongoing.

Rita has no errands for me to run, today, and it's pouring outside, so I WILL get in the shop. I have a small hawthorn bowl I want to work on, as well as the long-planned but not accomplished cleaning up.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Have not gotten moving yet, leg and shoulder continues to hurt, don't see doctor till 20th.
    My real estate partner is a chiropractor who has always said if folks knew how to handle stress he couldn't make a living.
    Dave, highly recommend following doctors' instruction even though most of the time they are over conservative.
    Bill and Bob prayers continue for healing and improvement.
    Mike getting out in sun always improves my spirit but dermatologist advises against. spirit wins.
    Rheumatologist says I am not a candidate for Skyrizi.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,586 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Steve, I am glad you got some actual accounting done. It seems that the move went fairly well, so well done.

I made the trip up the stairs to our bedroom yesterday finally and slept in our bed. Its only been a few days so I have a long ways to go. Getting up to use the bathroom in the night wakes me up due to the discomfort from getting up and out of bed, but its a start. I hope to get a nap up there today since I am rather exhausted from lack of sleep. I have a tri tip to roast tonight with a littly help from the family.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    OK late to the party and AWOL a few days.
    Gosh Bill your ideal with the surgery and pre-op etc was just ridiculous indeed.

I have been AWOL following my son's arthroscopic hip surgery on Thursday and staying up to late. Then on Sunday my DDIL who stayed home to help out my son after his surgery felt extreme abdominal pain. She went to the ER and was admitted for appendicitis late Sunday night. My son got back home somehow and to bed around midnight. Tara had surgery appendectomy yesterday and it was a long day.
    On and also my daughter went to ER for extreme food poisoning Late Friday.
    Sheesh. Things going ok.

Had a Dr appt yesterday and my blood cancer is ok for now.

Had some trees down along my bike trail on Sunday after a windy and rainy Saturday.

Hope folks are doing better health and painwise today.

Cheers