Discouraged but trying to be positive

Options
us3simpson
us3simpson Posts: 4 Member
I have been logging my food faithfully for 10 days. I was down 6 lbs but now I'm back up 2 lb. I don't know how this can be. Trying to be positive and look at theong picture. I'm making good food choices.

Replies

• judyfca
    judyfca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    iT'S HAPPENING TO ME TOO I AM PLAYING AROUND WITH MACROS WHICH I DONT UNDERSTAND BUT.... FP SAYS FOR ME TO EAT 1650 CALORIES BUT I SET IT TO 1500 AND STILL NO SUCCESS.????help HELP HELP PLEASE
  • MutterGans
    MutterGans Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's so easy to get discouraged. I was on a diet previously that was overseen by dieticians, nurses, counsellors etc, and when my diet didn't shift they just said do more exercise. I don't think they believed that I really was restricted my calories. If I'd had a small group to encourage me to try different things I think I wouldn't be here now still a fatty! 1650 calories seems a lot. To lose weight, you have to really reduce calories intake. When I was losing weight I generally aimed for 1200 calories.
  • MutterGans
    Options
    Remember that the time of day, time of cycle, different set of scales all affects thr weight you see on those scales (mine measure about 3kg less than true...and I'm not changing them 😂. If you've been exercising and have added muscle....that weighs heavier. Keep going, what you see on thr scales today is a long way from what we'll see in 6 months!
  • skyline_gtr_121
    skyline_gtr_121 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I been watching my weight and working out for the past 10 weeks. I’m currently 218 lbs and my goal is 190 lbs.
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    @judyfca - I don't know you're height. But generally for weight loss 1200 calories is a good goal.
    Sometimes you will initially lose weight quickly In the first few days due to water loss. And then you may gain a couple of pounds back.
    Macros are a bit complicated and everyone has there own style. Keto is very low percentage of carbs. While vegan is a higher percentage of carbs.
    I personally follow a somewhat low-carb, high healthy fat diet. Healthy fats are things like EVOO, avocado oil, salmon, avocados, nuts & seeds, etc. I have my macros set at 30% carbs, 45% fat, and 25% protein. But don't be too obsessed with macros. Somedays you will be high in one area and the next day you may be low in that area. Just use them as a guideline.
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Options
    @judyfca - Also limiting/reducing sugar is really important. Sugar is not our friend!
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Options
    @MutterGans - Where do we enter our weight? In this discussion? Because the 18th is tomorrow.
    Thanks, Darlene
  • ChangingMe1951
    ChangingMe1951 Posts: 93 Member
    edited March 18
    Options
    @us3simpson I know exactly how you feel. I am doing a year-long trial that will eventually help seniors my age stay in their homes instead of going to nursing homes. I have to weigh every day. Talk about frustration. The nurse tells me that weighing every day will tell me and them information. ( Ii is a pain!) One thing I am finding is if my sodium level is a little higher than what I usually eat, my body will hold on to the sodium and my weight will be up 2 to 3 lb. Also, if I haven't had a bowel movement in a day or so it can be up to as high as five to six lbs. When I am swollen from my arthritis it is also up. It is frustrating but at least I am learning my body and understanding why my body is is having the swings. Hang in there, you will see the rewards of efforts.
  • MutterGans
    Options
    @Darlene_Oregon There's a comment O wrote called Monday weigh in. Has everyone popped their weight there?
  • Darlene_Oregon
    Options
    @MutterGans - Sorry I just posted.