This March I Will (Be More Mindful)

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    edited March 13
    Options
    @MadisonMollie2017 Sorry about the leg break. It’s so frustrating, but you are doing a great job. Glad that family have stepped up to the plate.

You can do this. Slow and steady! 😂

@77tes Yes, Atoms is a bit too spendy for me. I’m sticking with the free version.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    edited March 14
    Options
    I totally agree @TerriRichardson112 ! The Atoms app would have been better when I first started on my habit reformation. But free is definitely the way to go.

@MadisonMolly2017 , you are so good with your tracking. I hate when you discover something you thought was that bad was worse than anticipated. I remember ordering a supposedly healthy option salad dressing only to find that it was worse than a creamy ranch dressing. 😡

@donna25trinity You are making some real progress on your work/life balance goals. 👏

Here’s my progress so far:
    s5i193jnhypc.png

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMollie2017 Sorry about the leg break. It’s so frustrating, but you are doing a great job. Glad that family have stepped up to the plate.

You can do this. Slow and steady! 😂

@77tes Yes, Atoms is a bit too spendy for me. I’m sticking with the free version.

Thank you Terri. I’ve made great progression in the past 24 hours. Pushing the stair climbs!! I know it’s 2 steps forwards/one step back, but I’m
    Encouraged.

I also began some Tylenol again to ease the pain of the increased exercise. Seems to have been the right decision.

Thanks again
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Thank you @77tes! Yes, it’s a sickening feeling but also helps us be successful down the road!

Tonight’s lesson. No more popcorn.

I really like that I’m not beating myself up but observing & modifying what I eat the next day.

#HealthFirst
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    All good except sodium

Off to zzzzz
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Atoms app:
    I am on my 5th day on Atoms app. It seems like a useful tool, but then I am a fan of James Clear.
    Update, Day 14: I like the app, but it would have been so much more useful if it had been around when I started my habit development. And it is soooo spendy! I’ll stick with the free version for now.
    Day 15: It’s a simple to use app, with instant feedback. I’m using 2 habits,

Potted Bio - 2024
    Terri: Female; 77; living in Northern Ireland; married 57 years; 2 daughters, 3 adult grands: ex Maths teacher; volunteer group leader for U3A (University of the Third Age, life-long learning charity)
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    In maintenance: August 2017
    LW: 131.2 (December 2022)
    GW: 130 < 140
    Moving forward ……
    ☃️❄️🙈🦋🙉🦋🙉❄️☃️
    ❄️☃️ March 2024 ☃️❄️
    ☃️❄️🙈🦋🙉🦋🙉❄️☃️
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my body, mind, and spirit

Habits keep me going when motivation flags.

This month I will ….. March focus:
    ❣️Heart health
    In MarchI will …..
    … incorporate short bursts of HIIT into my daily morning workouts.
    … use Fitbit minutes to gauge heart rate.
    … earn > 150 Fitbit minutes per week
    By the end of March I will …..
    … have earned > 600 Fitbit minutes
    … have a healthier heart
    💓💓💓💓💓💓💓
    💓💓💓💓💓💓💓
    📌Consolidating Solid Habits
    🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴
    🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴
    Great Oaks from little acorns grow!
    vr1awsjfroqv.jpeg

Daily Solid Habits:
    (Developed over time)
    💎Right This Minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Just DO it!!!
    Morning Routines:
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎Walk/Make beds/Shiny Sinks
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh 130 < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    In between:
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 5500 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Zone minutes > 150 (per week)
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎Daily chores
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    Evening Routines:
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC/Hogwarts
    💎Close Fitbit rings/Zone minutes
    💎Building Healthy Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Clutter Sweep
    YOU are worth the effort!

🧝🏻‍♀️Terri 🕊️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    You are always inspiring @TerriRichardson112 !! Congratulations!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Doing well here
    I see my average calorie intake was 1829 May 8-14 & all That is likely my maintenance calorie level. Time will tell.

Food tracked. That’s a WIN.

Sleep is better

Sat fat avg weekly 14 g 7% which is okay

Sodium avg 2322mg which is ok for average adult but I like mine lower. Will shoot for 2K this next week

Fiber avg 30g which is perfect
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    March 15
    Hungry all Day

Ate at maintenance but I want it be lower but am still healing…

Salt ok but I want it lower
    Sat fat ok but I want it lower
    Steps at my target 1,700
  • 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 , thanks for sharing your work on your diet. I’m really struggling with my diet. I want to eat carbs especially. I guess my next mindfulness habit to work on is diet. In fact, I might just add that to the Atoms app. Now, how shall I make that a SMART habit…

I’m staying the course with my feet up the wall habit and am delighted that it does work as a mini meditation. I’ll often have a Bible verse or line of poetry pop into my head while I have my feet up.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited March 18
    Options
    Great updates!! I going to check out the Atoms app.

I can’t say I’ve been successful every day, but I am working more mindfulness into my day. I’m focusing on staying in the present moment and and not getting distracted by wandering and often intrusive thoughts. It helps being able to walk outdoors again! I just love the increased sunlight!

Make it a great week!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I’m struggling with diet too @77tes, but I’m making changes for the better. Cut out popcorn - by choice. Next I’m going back to no crackers & no cheese. Haven’t been eating them
    Much but best that I not have them in house. Husband doesn’t eat any of the three.

Next will be me starting to cook again so we get off microwaveable dinners. I think I can begin that this week. I don’t like to cook but I see that my sat fat & sodium go back to healthier ranges when I do.

SMART goal for diet
    I will track my meal & review the levels prior to eating (so I can adjust if necessary) BEFORE I eat lunch, snack, or dinner.

Something I saw recently:

“I am falling in love with caring for my body in the healthiest way.”

Thank you @77tes
    Oh & we were dealing with Daylight Savings Time this week - I wonder if that influenced your carbs?
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,044 Member
    Options
    Scale finally starting to go down
    * Make time for planned tracking first thing then honest tracking throughout the day! Remind urself this is the only way to loose weight. No amount of exersice will help if i overeat...yes
    *no bingeing or grazing yes
    *To love and care 4 myself by breathing at work and taking regular breaks. No
    * Don't feel the constant need to prove myself by taking on too much and working long hours! Leave work on time! No
    * More movement through the day/ night. No
    * Dnt compete at work yes
    * Do one task at a time, u know that u wont get in trouble. Yes
    * Dnt take work so seriously, hve fun at work and dnt automatically assume the worst. Yes
    * find the time at work to look for and apply for promotions! U got to be I'n it to win it! No
    *Letting go of the need to control as this is where my stress comes from! The more control I want the less I hve anyways! No
    *Being present with my husband and toddler after work! Getting out in nature helps with this! No
    Do choirs after work too, means I can stay on top of house work, keeps me busy and means I can enjoy w/e. Yes
    *Let go of mum guilt! I fell guilty to clean cook etc, Feeling the need to spend every second either at work or with my toddler. No
    *Bulk up dinner with. Fruit and yougurt as treat yes
    * Focus on a personal to do list, tidy up, keep busy as it feels good getting stuff done and makes work seem less important! No
    * Morning beach dips, heavy weights, do situps, 3jogs! Yes
    * Rewards and activities that are not food based, walks with toddler, family nature walks, put put golf,visits to park, markets, massages, etc yes

• 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 , I’ll blame it on Daylight Savings 🤣 I do hate time change! Actually it was also my husband’s birthday, so I added extra carbs early in the week. I thought I incorporated them into my diet pretty well, but that was probably what set up my problem.

This morning I remembered that this time last year, I set a goal for myself to stay within my calorie without eating back any exercise calories. If I could doit last year, I can again.

So I added a new goal in the Atoms app, to stay within calories.

Today was Day 21 for my feet up the wall mindfulness 🧘!
    Today is Day 1 for my food under calories mindfulness 🍽️

@donna25trinity , yay, for the scale moving! And good job keeping your weekends for fun and family.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @77tes what a great plan! I like your logic! Good luck!

We are now adding to the “no fly zone”:
    The popcorn
    Crackers - final answer
    Cheese
    Frozen egg rolls

Now we just need to change our habits about cooking dinner.

On the good news front. I’ve maintained.
    I walked (with cane) 4,611 steps 1.86 miles today with my first walks since surgery - both AM & PM around the block. Each time I wasn’t sure I could do it, and I did!

I also located all flat-topped fire hydrants on my route in case I needed to do a quick sit!

#never give up
    # health first
    #baby changes work
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    March 19
    > 10K steps over the past two days
    Less pain, happy to be outdoors with my husband. I cannot believe my sudden uptick!

Had a good food day - maintenance level. Salad for lunch helps the overall calories, macros etc

We are phasing out the convenience microwaveable items ie reducing processed foods.

Organized much more of my fabric today. I think I should be done with it tomorrow. (I am doing a significant decluttering of my Art Studio - just keeping things I love/use.

Next up: paper I have a much better idea of what I actually use now… one of my favorite students needs art supplies so I’m putting together a box or two for her!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    3/20
    Sodium down to 2K
    Sat fat ok
    Calories good
    I am making better food choices - tuna on salad today.
    Brown rice instead of white
    Veggies/fruit at every meal /snack
    Mixed Berries,
    baby carrots
    Cabbage salad
    Fuji apple

Steps 5,500 today!

Organized my fabric supply & purged all I don’t love - filled two black garbage bags of fabric to take to a creative reuse place.

Next up: either my paints/inks or my paper supply/collage papers.

Decluttering to what I actually love & use. Work will begin soon to install lighting so will need to move everything to dining room. Might as well just keep what I love.

Did another “perfect day” painting!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 21
    Options
    Atoms app:
    I am on my 5th day on Atoms app. It seems like a useful tool, but then I am a fan of James Clear.
    Update, Day 14: I like the app, but it would have been so much more useful if it had been around when I started my habit development. And it is soooo spendy! I’ll stick with the free version for now.
    Day 15: It’s a simple to use app, with instant feedback. I’m using 2 habits,
    Day 20: walk/push-ups 20/16 days. I think it would be useful to track my monthly focus habit, but don’t think I will be paying for the app. I’m stacking my two habits. App not syncing on iPhone and iPad, which is a bit annoying.

Potted Bio - 2024
    Terri: Female; 77; living in Northern Ireland; married 57 years; 2 daughters, 3 adult grands: ex Maths teacher; volunteer group leader for U3A (University of the Third Age, life-long learning charity)
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    In maintenance: August 2017
    LW: 131.2 (December 2022)
    GW: 130 < 140
    Moving forward ……
    ☃️❄️🙈🦋🙉🦋🙉❄️☃️
    ❄️☃️ March 2024 ☃️❄️
    ☃️❄️🙈🦋🙉🦋🙉❄️☃️
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my body, mind, and spirit

Habits keep me going when motivation flags.

This month I will …..
    March focus:
    ❣️Heart health
    In March I will …..
    … incorporate short bursts of HIIT into my daily morning workouts.
    … use Fitbit minutes to gauge heart rate.
    … earn > 150 Fitbit minutes per week
    By the end of March I will …..
    … have earned > 600 Fitbit minutes
    … have a healthier heart
    💓💓💓💓💓💓💓
    💓💓💓💓💓💓💓
    💓💓💓💓💓💓
    📌Consolidating Solid Habits
    🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴
    🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴
    🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴
    Great Oaks from little acorns grow!
    vr1awsjfroqv.jpeg

Daily Solid Habits:
    (Developed over time)
    💎Right This Minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Just DO it!!!
    Morning Routines:
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎Walk/Make beds/Shiny Sinks
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh 130 < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    In between:
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 5500 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Zone minutes > 150 (per week)
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎Daily chores
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    Evening Routines:
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC/Hogwarts
    💎Close Fitbit rings/Zone minutes
    💎Building Healthy Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Clutter Sweep
    YOU are worth the effort!

🧝🏻‍♀️Terri 🕊️

@MadisonMolly2017 You are making wonderful progress.

@77tes I like your thinking.

• 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 , I hear you about crackers and cheese! Crackers are a definite trigger for me. I really can’t have them in the house except saltines which I can generally resist, but sometimes not.

Hooray for dealing with the excess of your fabric/paper stash - that’s hard work 👏

@TerriRichardson112 I agree - I’m not paying for the Atoms app. I think it’s great for the beginning of a habit - now it feels like a bit of a chore to log my feet up the wall habit. However, I really appreciate it with the calorie goal since that’s what I’m struggling with at the moment. I need that reinforcement.

Of course, I am growing to enjoy the brief mindfulness in the moment of putting my feet up the wall, but reining in my calories is not as much fun. 🤣
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Thank you @TerriRichardson112
    Walking much more now which is helping everything!

You are doing great!

@77tes
    I hear you with the calorie reduction. I think my increased walking finally began to reduce my appetite.
    March 21
    Calories good!
    Sat fat 10g great
    Sodium < 2,000 very good
    Walking 5K
    Avg per day over the week
    Arm exercises with weights every other day 12 reps now!

I am Pleased that making baby steps with my food is now showing up as lower calories.
    No crackers, cheese, popcorn, frozen egg rolls
    Using only some of the dressing on packaged salad. (Weighed to gram)

Only one piece choc per day. I substitute a fuji apple for the 2nd piece I had begun to eat. More calories but 3g fewer Sat fat & much more filling
    Alternating tuna & chicken on lunchtime salad …

Next areas of focus:,
    1. FIGURE OUT SALAD DRESSING: use vinegar or lemon with a bit of olive oil & some spices. Possibly make a yogurt dressing. Place cilantro on shopping list.

2. And want to inch my sodium down further over the next few days to < 1,800.mg

DO YOU HAVE A HOMEMADE SALAD DRESSING YOU ENJOY?

Thanks
    Maddie