App settings

isafus16
isafus16 Posts: 1 Member
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to tell mfp that you’re a bariatric patient? It won’t let me close out the day because my calories are too low. Thanks!

Replies

• kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    I have been wondering this for several years now, I am almost 6 yrs out and have stopped using this app for that exact reason!
  • prty2j27pv
    prty2j27pv Posts: 1 Member
    What are your goal calories daily?
  • talonsangel
    talonsangel Posts: 3 Member
    I was recently approved for a bariatric program here in Wyoming. Right now my calorie goal is 1200 cal per day. I'm using mfp to help me track and am waiting for my dietician and physiological appointments. I have not yet seen where we can set mfp for bariatric. But this would be a good setting for them to add.
  • 3isamagicnumb3r
    3isamagicnumb3r Posts: 1 Member
    having a setting for bariatric users would be awesome. i miss closing out my day like i could during the pre-op stage. i’m sure it has something to do with the company not wanting to be held responsible for someone’s ED. i have no idea what the work around could be.
  • nzRebecca
    nzRebecca Posts: 2 Member
    I've been wondering the same. Would be good if the developers could add this feature for us but perhaps without the projected weight part.
  • juliaihlenfeldt
    juliaihlenfeldt Posts: 2 Member
    I haven't found any way to close out since my surgery, either. There IS another app out there specifically for bariatric surgery patients, but I tried it and I still like MFP better.