shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,144 Member
Good morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Today should be a shorter day. Yesterday, I got distracted in the afternoon by needing to hire a welder, and then we got a call from our largest customer dealing with our instructions to pay a different bank. I ended up writing a letter to all of our customers about our bank not changing, and also trying to figure out how to stop the hackers.

I'm leaving work at 2:00 today. Connie and I are going to look at materials for a tub/shower remodel. This should be the last of the home improvement, other than a new roof, that we'll do before I retire. Saturday, we are going to look for a used car with Collin. Sunday we have the insurance adjuster look at the roof. Monday, I'm taking off work as a "me" day. 80% chance of rain on Sunday. I don't know how that works in looking at a roof. Sunday is also Palm Sunday.

Weight ticked up today .63 pound. I wonder what I ate that I should not have last night. I did have a large salad from Chick Fil A for dinner last night. Could be sodium.

Have a great day!

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited March 22
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Steve, I imagine that it is sodium, or maybe elevated cortisol levels in your body from stress?
    Our wee home is looking tired, inside and out. M does not want to invest much into the house because we don't plan to stay here. Not that we have any concrete plans other than follow the grand baby.
    M made a zero point pulled chicken and black bean crock pot medley for me. A can of rotel, can of black beans, 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, small bag of frozen corn, and a tsp of cayenne. Throw it all into the crock pot on high for 4 hours and then pull the chicken breasts. Very tasty! I add a little extra heat and put it in a 1 point high fiber pita with some reduced fat shredded cheese and low fat sour cream and you have a two point taco. M calls it Zero Point Sante Fe chicken.
    Beaucoup rain tomorrow.

Onward and downward ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Sassy let me sleep until after 6, this morning. Feel especially refreshed. A good start to the day.

My follow-up appointment with my neurosurgeon is this morning. I hope he gives me clearance to start doing more. Our lawn is in desperate need of mowing/edging, and I am in desperate need of feeling a pack on my back.

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,661 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Rain coming in around 1.
    Car serviced, Pablo walked 3.38 miles, I'm off restriction now
    I would like to redo our bath and kitchen, just do not know what I want.
    Tis Frydee! enjoy the weekend.
    We have a workday for church tomorrow, do not know what I can do without using left arm and leg.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Dave, I hope the surgeon follow up goes well and he/she is able to develop a game plan that allows you to be more active.

Sam, it is good here you are off restrictions, Congrats, but prayers continue for healing on the left side.

I seem to be on the mend flu wise after a rough night. Friday, Patrick does the cooking. He was up late working on his focaccia dough to rise in the fridge over night. He makes me want to start baking again. But I need to settle in on stabilizing an on plan lifestyle after a rough few weeks. Rain coming in for the weekend so restarting walking will take some creativity and a windbreaker.

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,470 Member
    Options
    Went for a 3-mile hike this morning around a pond. Saw some mallards, nesting geese and a pair of buffleheads. Very cold—low 20’s and breezy. Ice has re-formed in the coves and icicles along the brooks.

We’re expecting loads of rain tomorrow and some snow mixed in; north of us is getting a foot of snow.

Bought a USB to Lightning cable to use a microphone with my iPhone for tuning pianos. And now I’m reading about fake cables that hack your data and radio it to a hacker’s computer. Good grief. Life in the 21st century…

Have a good day.