shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,144 Member
Good morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Frankie woke me at 4:00 this morning. I took her outside, and then I went back to bed for another two hours. I am feeling so done in right now. Connie says that it is all of the transitions with the factory move, the hail damage, the new weight loss, Collin not working, all of it. I feel like I am at the point where every new "something" is a major, traumatic event. Even small things. I am taking Monday off work. I'm hoping some solid rest will help. I threw the trial balloon of my retiring in June instead of October, and Connie had a negative reaction to that. Perhaps rest will help. I'll be doing some number crunching this weekend to see if June is a possibility.

Today, we are going to go look for a used car for Collin. We will have $5K from his old car to put down, as soon as I can get it. We paid off that car 10 years ago, but Wells Fargo still has a lien on it. Sigh... Now I have to figure out how to get the lien removed. It is these type problems that are creating such anxiety for me these days. Connie and I will be buying the car on our near perfect credit. Collin will pay us back in monthly installments. I won't co-sign a note with him.

Dave, Bill, Sam, Bob, holding you all in prayer for healing.

Lee, the chicken that M made sounds awesome!

Have a great day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Sorry you're going through such a rough patch, Steve. Wish I had a magic solution.

I keep thinking I should call my mom, then remember she is gone. That's followed by period of sadness. I will work on a second urn, today. Maybe that will help. I'm waiting on the threaded insert for the first one, so I can finish the top.

Ducks won their first playoff game on Thursday. They are a perfect 8-0 in first round games under Coach Altman. There's something to be happy about.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,470 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Dave. Mom’s are the hardest of all to let go of, I think.

Having an ice storm, steady freezing rain. Some snow was on the ground from overnight, too. Staying in to do laundry, pay bills, and putter around.

Have a good day.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Starting out damp
    Think it is great that you are able to make urn for mom's ashes, years from now there will be times that you want to call mom with something to share. Glad you have been released where you can get back to living just don't do anything stupid to set you back.
    Steve, I remember telling DS I would co-sign with him to get a vehicle; we went to dealership they approved me but would not approve with his name on contract, his credit was that bad. Since that day he has purchased a home and two vehicles without needing me to sign, but no one will approve him with DDIL on paper, bank will not even let her open a checking account.
    Cloudy, church is having a workday but I believe with knee and shoulder would be more hinderance than help.
    Prayers continue for Bob and Bill.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents quick peek in here. My simulation at radiation oncologist Thurs was OK but too much time lying on the table (like a marble slab). Off for FMRI this a.m.
    Yup Ducks played great wow!! And how about the 40 points from Jermaine Couisnard in front of his grandmother. Priceless.
    Hope your doc gave some new good advice to ya Dave.

Prayers and thoughts for all
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Bob, my biggest concern with the radiation was my ability to survive the table time. My pain Dr developed a couple strategies. Thankfully the treatments are much shorter than the initial setup.

Dave, how did the surgeon check in go? Any progress? My son made dinner in our large cast iron skillet. I cleaned it and went to lift it and just slid it onto the counter and then the scale. 15lbs. I was advised to back away from the skillet by my wife.

I have pretty much recovered from the flu and slept well in my bed last night. The gut is still a little testy but I feel great. Heather says I am taking her out so I can get my first coffee in a while and can buy her a Chai Tea Latte. She is sweet like that. Normally we would go for a walk but we are supposed to have some light rain on and off all day so that leaves the mall for walking.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that my neurosurgeon released me from the extreme restrictions. He told me to use common sense. I'm not ready to max my deadlift, but I can go ahead with most normal tasks. To celebrate, I bought a 20-lb. bag of rice.