Leslie Sansone March 2024 Walk and Workout Challenge

Options
2Β»

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I woke up with a kink on the left side of my neck. Tried to loosen it all day. When I went to try and do my Arm training I got to the 4th movement and felt a "pop" in that left side. I was done for the night with that pop. Glad to say I'm better today.
    We got our 1-mile walk at the park this afternoon. I finally took my new tennis shoes out into the wild. I've been breaking them in, inside since Christmas.
    Rain is coming tomorrow and with it some cooler temperatures.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    March Goal: MF-3 mile aerobic walks: WSaorSu-3 mile strength walk: TR: rest- Exceed Feb 81.6 total miles
    Mar 1-Just Walk: Walking off the Pounds-3 miles: Total Garmin miles: 4.2
    Mar 2-Rest: Miles:2.2 Total Garmin Miles: 6.4
    Mar 3-WAH 3 Miracle Miles: Miles: 4.3: Total Garmin miles: 10.7
    Mar 4-Just Walk: Walk Off Fat Fast: 40 minute Super Burn: Miles 5.0: Total Garmin Miles: 15.7
    Mar 5-Rest: Miles: 3.6: Total Garmin Miles:19.3
    Mar 6-WAP: 3 Mile Advanced walk: Miles 4.2: Total Garmin Miles:22.5
    Mar 7-Rest: Miles: 2.7: Total Garmin Miles: 25.2
    Mar 8-Just Walk: Walk to the Hits-Radio Remixes: Miles: 4.3: Total Garmin Miles: 29.5
    Mar 9-WAH 3 Miracle Miles: Miles: 4.7 Total Garmin Miles: 34.2
    Mar 10-Rest: Miles: 1.4: Total Garmin Miles: 35.6
    Mar 11-DST Crash rest: Miles .9: Total Garmin Miles: 36.5
    Mar 12-Just Walk: Walk to the Hits: Party Songs: Miles:4.9 Total Garmin Miles: 41.4
    Mar 13-iWalk Strong: Miles
    Oh NO @deeder522! That does not sound good! I often wake up with a stiff neck, but it has never popped! I'd freak out! I am so glad it is better.
    Today was fine and I got through the workout with no problems at all. For me, whenever time moves ahead, I need 24 hours for every hour it moves to get back to normal. In Europe, I can almost do the 6 hours jump ahead in 4 days, but not quite. My other son lives in Las Vegas and I never have problems going backward in time, neither there nor when we come back home. Anyway, I am back on track with my workouts and my house so no harm done!
    It was sunny and 57F today but will be going down to 27F tonight with a "chance of snow." I'm going to Aldi tomorrow and it is supposed to be 58F so I expect to see people in shorts and tank tops! :bigsmile:
  • zichab
    Options
    March Goal: MF-3 mile aerobic walks: WSaorSu-3 mile strength walk: TR: rest- Exceed Feb 81.6 total miles
    Mar 4-Just Walk: Walk Off Fat Fast: 40 minute Super Burn: Miles 5.0: Total Garmin Miles: 15.7
    Mar 8-Just Walk: Walk to the Hits-Radio Remixes: Miles: 4.3: Total Garmin Miles: 29.5
    Mar 12-Just Walk: Walk to the Hits: Party Songs: Miles:4.9 Total Garmin Miles: 41.4
    Mar 13-iWalk Strong: Miles: 4.1: Total Garmin Miles: 45.6
    Mar 14-Rest: WAH 1 Mile Brisk-Fast 15 Minute Walk: Miles:
    I am more than 1/2 way to my total mileage for last month! I think, if I do not falter, I will exceed last month's miles!!! To celebrate, I did a 15 Minute Fast Walk even though it is a rest day. :blushing:
    Today was a beautiful day to go Aldi shopping. The sun was out, it was 55F and as I suspected, I saw 1 guy with cargo shorts, a tank top and HIKING BOOTS. Crazy guy hiking in these mountains right now as they are a muddy mess!!!! I am too klutzy to hike until things dry out. I did celebrate by getting us the Aldi mini Ice cream sandwiches@ 60 cals each! :laugh:
    I hope your neck is better @deeder522 and that all went well in good old Muskegon!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Yesterday it rained all day and all I wanted to do was sit and do nothing. So I pretty much did. Today, it's been sunny all day.

My neck is better. I ended up taking a dual-action Advil at bedtime last night. I woke up today and it was much better. Which was good b/c I woke to problem texts from clients. LovelyπŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ. So While trying to figure that out today I also had to run around to nearly the 4-corners of the Great Grand Rapids area. Where's my emotional support vodka? πŸ€”πŸ€£

I may just settle for an indoor walk today, I'm just not up for another drive, even if it's only a mile away.

• zichab
    edited March 16
    Options
    Mar 14-Rest: WAH 1 Mile Brisk-Fast 15 Minute Walk: Miles:3.2: Total Garmin Miles: 48.8
    Mar 15-WAH: 5K With a Twist: Miles
    I think I have mentioned before that this is my problem as well. The school has a track that we donated money to pay for so we could use it for life and we have a walking trail by the lake at the Municipal Park in town (It's called Raquette Pond even though it is in the village of Tupper Lake-go figure), but going to either of them requires getting in the car and driving at least 2 miles and then getting in the car all sweaty and driving back. Yeah, not my thing. I'll drive for a hike, but my daily walks would not get done if I had to drive to them. Let's be honest ... I'm lazy! :laugh:
    I'm glad your neck is better but sorry for all the driving around. At least it is in Grand Rapids, which was never too bad with traffic whenever I was there (unlike Detroit! :mad:). We were always in Grand Rapids in Dec when TSO played at the Ann Arundel Arena and we'd always have dinner at the Bistro Belle Vita. It was not all that bad to get around traffic wise, but we were not in a hurry either! :blushing: Flint was always easy as well since you are never more than 5 minutes from one of the multiple expressways!
    I think I am going to do my 3 Miracle Miles tomorrow so I can have St Patrick's Day totally off to celebrate my great-great-grandma (the immigrant), my great-grandma (transition generation) and my grandma (the keeper of all the Irish history and the one who taught me to make cottage pie!). Weight check tomorrow- :bigsmile:
  • zichab
    Options
    Mar 14-Rest: WAH 1 Mile Brisk-Fast 15 Minute Walk: Miles:3.2: Total Garmin Miles: 48.8
    Mar 15-WAH: 5K With a Twist: Miles 5.3: Total Garmin Miles: 54.1
    Mar 16-Bad Day-Rest: Miles 2.0: Total Garmin Miles: 56.1
    I had a really bad day yesterday. I could not sleep for some reason so I got up and read, feel asleep and then over slept by hours with a ton of stuff to do. I was grumpy and out of sorts all day (just ask Dennis :blushing: ).
    Today, I got up a bit early actually, made my St Patrick's Day cookies (shamrock shape of course), set my Irish dinner table with lots of shamrocks and a couple of cute leprechauns, got Riverdance, Far and Away and Destination America lined up and have everything out to make my famous cottage pie, which I will do next now that I have now gotten my workout done! Whew!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! :bigsmile:
    gj4xaugduxkj.png
  • Deeder522
    Options
    March Goals

Miles Tracked: 42 / 72 Miles
    Apple Challenge: 12 workouts of 5 minutes or more. βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…
    Strength Training: 4/ 4

I got a little slow in the last few days but I'm working to get going again.
    We've had lake-effect snow the last 2 days. The temps will stay in the high 30's / low 40's this week. So I'll be inside all week. Not much else is going on. Work looks pretty quite this week too.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    I did 1 mile with Leslie yesterday and did a few rounds of free weights for the arms again.
    The wind is kicking up today and they are talking about a few inches of snow on Friday. Springtime in Michigan is lovely. πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜

• zichab
    Options
    Mar 17-3 Miracle Miles; Miles 4.8: Total Garmin Miles: 60.9
    Mar 18-Mirgaine Headache! Miles:.4 Total Gaemin Miles: 61.3
    Mar 19-Rest: Miles
    Monday was awful! I seem to be getting one migraine every month and I can't connect it to anything. Today I was not very active, but I did go to Aldi's after Dennis' perio appointment, since we will not be back there for anything else this week. So I got some movement in at at least.
    The ice went totally out on Monday and Dennis saw our loons back on the lake when he went to his rehab! They are great indicators of Spring even though it is supposed to snow every day this week. It is not amounting to much as it is mostly spring lake effect. I heard them on Monday, but I actually got to see them today when we went to his perio appointment. They are very early this year, but the ice is also out early. Beautiful birds!!!!
    I hope to be back doing my workout tomorrow and finish this month strong!!! :bigsmile:
  • zichab
    Options
    Mar 18-Mirgaine Headache! Miles:.4 Total Garmin Miles: 61.3
    Mar 19-Rest: Miles 1.1: Total Garmin Miles: 62.4
    Mar 20-Just Walk: Walking off the Pounds: Miles:
    I am having a rough week for sure. Family drama-ugh-it always drags me down! That may have been the catalyst for my migraine on Monday-stress. :ohwell: Meh, this too shall pass. My plan is to do 2 miles tomorrow both to control the stress eating (which so far I am not doing! YEAH!), but also because I am way behind on miles now!
    The most bizarre thing is happening. It has snowed ALL DAY LONG!!! We even had some blizzard periods where I could not even see the lake from the window the snow was falling so fast and blowing so hard. Where was this in February?????? :sad: PLUS, they are predicting 7" for Thursday with possible blizzard conditions! Michigan is also getting a lot of snow Wednesday into Thursday from this one as well. They are calling it an Alberta Clipper. Hmmm, Canada, could you please send those one month earlier? Those of us in the US would really appreciate it. Thank you! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Options
    We're under a winter weather advisory for Fridayβ€”possibly 6" in my area. That should do wonders for the crops and all things springtime. We had a visit with the Chiropractor today and he gave my ankle and knee some attention.

This evening I did a walk for 4 Slim miles. I changed it up and decided to walk until my watch said I walked a mile instead of Leslie telling me. It took almost 20 minutes on the dot to get there.
    I also successfully logged all my food, so far, today in Cronometer. Based on my logging I need water and less carbs / sugar. πŸ€”

Sorry, to hear about Family Drama, @zichab. Hopefully the monkey's in your circus get their acts together.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Well, it snowed. Right now we have about 6" on the ground. The snow is starting to calm down and should be down by Midnight. It was that soft falling snow so at least it looked pretty when it was falling.

I haven't done much today, moving or eating. We received the sad news that we will lose our health insurance at the end of April. We made too much to keep receiving state aid. It doesn't look like we can afford the deductibles to buy our own insurance either. Monday, I'll start making calls to see if I can get any appointments moved up before we lose insurance. We talked it over and Ryan is mostly concerned with trying to find dental and eye insurance. The medical stuff we'll probably just go without. So this weekend I'll probably be wandering around with my emotional support Vodka. 🀣😳😝
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Talked with an acquaintance, who said we should still qualify for insurance and in her opinion the county made errors. I'll try and get in touch with a supervisor on Monday.

Last night, I did my arm circuit. I need to do some message work on my calves and feet before I get another walk in.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    March Goals

Miles Tracked: 57 / 72 Miles
    Apple Challenge: 12 workouts of 5 minutes or more. βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…
    Strength Training: 6 / 4

I win! We get to keep our health insurance!!! DHS called, apologized for the error, and thanked me for bringing everything to their attention. They are having to get 2 other departments involved to figure out why things are showing incorrectly.

I had a surprise trip to Muskegon and back today for work. Work today involved much climbing up and down dealing with network things.
    All the snow we had is gone as it made its way up to 63℉ today.
  • zichab
    Options
    Mar 20-Just Walk: Walking off the Pounds: Miles:4.2 Total Garmin Miles: 66.6
    Mar 21-Rest: Miles .9 Total Garmin Miles: 67.5
    Mar 22-Bad Day Miles 1.3: Total Garmin Miles: 68.8
    Mar 23-Another Bad Day Miles 1.2 Total Garmin Miles: 70.0
    Mar 24-Yet another Bad Day: Miles 1.4: Total Garmin Miles: 71.4
    Mar 25-Still Another Bad Day: Miles 1.2: Total Garmin Miles 72.6
    Mar 26-Sister called and straightened me out! Better Day: Miles 1.9: Total Garmin Miles 74.5
    Mar 27-Just Walk: Walking Off the Poinds-1 mile: Miles:
    I had kind of a bad week of depression, but my sister called me yesterday and totally changed my attitude. Today I had a very busy day!!!! I cleaned my whole house (it needed it), took down all my St. Patrick's Day decor and got out all my Spring and Easter decor and then walked a mile with Leslie!!! Tomorrow we are off to Aldi so I think I have turned the corner on the blues! :+1:
    I was so sorry to hear about your insurance, but glad it is all straightened out. I have no idea what we would do without our military health insurance. We pay for Medicare, but our Tricare supplement is totally free and it is also our drug plan. I actually dropped Mott's insurance when MI changed the rules for schools a few years ago and just went with Tricare. Of course, it cost us 30 years of military service, but these days, it was worth every day of it when I hear stories like yours.
    We got 10 inches of snow from the 22nd-23rd. Most of it is gone except where it was plowed. The ice came back, but most of it is also gone in our bay and the loons were fishing in front of the house this afternoon. We are in the mid to upper 40s during the day and upper 20s at night. We are predicted to have a few high 50s days this coming week along with some snow showers so the end of winter is coming very quickly. Dennis' Daffodils survived the snowstorm and his tulips are popping up as well. We are getting anxious to have an evening glass of wine down by the lake! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Options
    It's the final weekend in March and it is Easter too. We are keeping Easter to just the household this time.
    Our Daffodils have started to bloom and the tulip leaves are coming out. Our Forsythia is blooming its tiny yellow flowers too. Our taxes are filed and we'll finally get a new clothes dryer this year to replace the old one left behind by my parents. Our washer is GE, but our dryer will be Whirlpool. That leaves one major appliance to be replaced here. One day I'll have a new gas range. :)

My workouts have fallen off the wagon but luckily I can see where they fell off and circle to pick them back up for April.
  • zichab
    Options
    Mar 26-Sister called and straightened me out! Better Day: Miles 1.9: Total Garmin Miles 74.5
    Mar 27-Just Walk: Walking Off the Poinds-1 mile: Miles:3.6 Total Garmin Miles: 78.1
    Mar 28-Rest Day: Miles 2.2 Total Garmin Miles: 80.3
    Mar 29-Got Wood and was too tired: Miles 1.7 Total Garmin Miles: 82.0 :+1:
    Mar 30-Just Walk: Walk Off Fat Fast: 40 minute walk: Miles:
    This month may have ended kind of crappy, but at least I beat my total miles for last month! 1 GOAL attained! :laugh: It has been a rough month for me, but I am shaking it off for next month and I have a plan:
    Next Month's Goals: 3 mile walks MWF, 4 mile walks Sa or Su, Firm 30-T and increase March miles! I know it is challenging and if I actually manage 2/3 of it, I will be in better shape for summer. Not that it will be here anytime soon! We are on a winter weather watch for next Wednesday into Thursday for a huge snowstorm that will drop 8-10" of wet snow on us AGAIN!!! At this point, I am thinking it might be June before we can have a glass of wine buy the lake! :blushing: Thankfully, it is going to fall between all of Dennis' appointments next week so we will just sit inside and watch it snow & blow.
    Dennis is doing our taxes right now. He has the state done, but is working on the feds.
    Happy Easter and we are staying in as well. I put a couple of bunnies on the table and my spring decorations in the house. DONE! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Happy Easter 🐣 πŸ‡ 🐰.

Have you and Dennis considered having some ice wine down my the Lake? 🀣

March was weird. Weather, people, it's all been a little weird. We've already started to find 🐜 Ants this past month. Found a few in the panty yesterday, so I had to deep clean the pantry. That meant I also threw out things that were no longer good or things that we would not use again. Good thing trash day is tomorrow.

I'll post April's goal in that month's board but I don't think it will vary much. However, I did "splurge" and pick up Tai Cheng from Beachbody. It's their Tai Chi program and Tai Chi is something Ryan and I have talked about for him as it has simple slow movements and for me to help increase flexibility.
    However, I also realized that if I start and commit to a 6-week workout from Jessica Smith, I'd be done just in time for my birthday next month. πŸ€”
  • zichab
    Options
    Mar 27-Just Walk: Walking Off the Poinds-1 mile: Miles:3.6 Total Garmin Miles: 78.1
    Mar 28-Rest Day: Miles 2.2 Total Garmin Miles: 80.3
    Mar 29-Got Wood and was too tired: Miles 1.7 Total Garmin Miles: 82.0 :+1:
    Mar 30-Just Walk: Walk Off Fat Fast: 40 minute walk: Miles:4.0 Total Garmin Miles:86.0
    Mar 31- Rest: Miles 2.0: Total Garmin Miles: 88.0
    Well, I did not follow the plan exactly, but I exceeded last months miles so I will call that a win! On to April! :bigsmile: