Options
mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,396 Member
Good morning gents.

Replies

• mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,396 Member
    Options
    Bible study this morning. The baked sweets table is my self-control workout gym. I'll just stay away from it altogether.

River trip was nice yesterday. Water was high enough to create some rapids in places, and helped us along in the flat places. We did run into two big trees blocking the way, and had to carry and drag the boat though bushes and thorns to get through. Stopped at a nice flat open area under pines and hemlocks for a late lunch and watched the eclipse progress from a cookie bite to a thin crescent and back. A flock of noisy starlings across the marshes went quiet at the height of the eclipse and started back up again afterwards. Cool experience.

Lost my bifocals somewhere along the way yesterday, after the eclipse. Have to check my car first but maybe at the boat landing or even back at the campsite where I last remember them.

Dave, hope your lawyer adventure went okay. I remember doing that in sort of a blur--36 years ago.

Time to make some breakfast...
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,078 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Mike, it sounds like you had a good adventure, except for the glasses.

Dave, I do hope your trip went well.

I was reminded that 5 years ago yesterday, my father passed. He was the longest lived of my parents and in-laws.

Work is still crazy busy, and it will be until I retire. I am getting back to doing some accounting, although there is still moving stuff going on. Today, I will be meeting with the new building cleaning people and giving them the tour. Yesterday, I met with a locksmith. So it continues....

Bill, I pray that you continue to find improvement in your health. Do you have a moving date?

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,603 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Weekend is a bit of a blur. Left the house early Sat morning to go to dog training before heading to Virginia for a Sunday trial. Dog training group is an hour in the wrong direction. So instead of a 6 hour drive, it was an 8 hour drive for me on Sat. A fellow trialer named Peter joined me for the trip. 78 yrs young. Quite an interesting fellow. Born in the Northeast corner of Britain. Made his career working up to upper level management/sales of manufacturing. Decided to stay in US and run dogs.
    We stayed in a very nice Airbnb owned by friends overnight and then ran the dogs Sunday. Lucy and I were out in the first series (crazy bad luck), but Peter and his dog Rex took 4th place. He was very pleased with his placement. Another fellow from our training group took 1st and 2nd. Then the long drive home.
    Saturday dinner was Five Guys burgers and fries. 36 pts for a bacon cheeseburger. Really good burger, but glad I had fasted all day and had extra weeklies and got lots of activity points from dog training Saturday and walking the trial on Sunday. Washed down with non alcoholic beer.
    Virginia was a good month ahead of Connecticut so far as Spring is concerned. Potomac and Susquehanna rivers were both at flood stage, as are all the rivers up here.
    Early start yesterday as well. Very sad day and busy day. I will remember yesterday, not for the 90% eclipse (which I did view through a paper towel tube projector), but for the loss of a great dog in his prime due to kidney failure. He was owned by a friend. I also euthanized two very elderly cats whose time had come. Somewhere in there I splenectomized a dog due to a softball sized tumor, which will probably come back malignant. Strangely, I went straight to the liquor cabinet when I got home for a bourbon and sat in a quiet corner.
    Mike, your eclipse canoe trip description is inspiring.
    Bill, I am not sure why no nsaids, but I know it would be rough for me if I couldn't take my celebrex.

Onward and downward ;-)

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

The meeting with the lawyer went well. Nice lady. Her two Jack Russel terriers have the run of the office, adding a nice friendly touch. We signed some documents and discussed estate tax stuff. We then made an appointment to talk to the bankers later in the day, where we signed a bunch more documents. The investment bankers were nice, too, but seemed a bit more like car salespeople, to me. I was back on the road just in time to hit rush hour in Portland. Home at 7.

No one here noticed the slight sliver of sun occluded yesterday, even if there happened to be a break in the clouds at the time.

DDIL arrives at the airport in Seattle late, tonight and DS has to pick her up. The grandkids will be spending the night, tonight and we'll get them to school in the morning.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,533 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

I ended up making a quick box to view the bit of eclipse that we could see. I sat outside and thought deep thoughts, or as deep as I go. I had another fun day digestive wise so today I have switched to the blander eating guidelines in my cancer support documents which helps points wise too. Exciting day today. They are painting my front door today at 9am which they do by appointment so you can keep your door cracked open for painting and drying. The last bit of the association painting project. So today I get to watch the paint dry. Retirement is great!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Blood test report from Friday shows anemia, reckon I need to get some B-12 and start taking it.
    Knee has not gone out in couple of days, but can hear pops with every step and leg wobbles. Shoulder keeps waking me up.
    Very damp here, per news last night front was to be North of us.
    I believe estate tax and inheritance tax is double taxation, parents or family paid tax on earnings why should individuals getting proceeds have to pay tax again. Of course we have seen some get around taxation by child marrying parent or domestic partnership.