Hump Day Cuppa Joe: 4.10.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 6,920 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    edited April 10
    Options
    GM~
    • Tired. Very tired.
    • Happy humping.

Skipper
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    You’re tired because you get up so early imo

Nothing big today just the same old stuff.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,604 Member
    edited April 10
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Thanks everyone for your support. The dog had quit producing urine (anuric kidney failure) suddenly. Owner was very limited financially, so we could not find the exact cause. I suspect from the imaging I took, that he had prostate cancer and it had blocked his ureters, thus preventing the kidneys from being able to get rid of urine by dumping it into the bladder. 5 year old field bred german wired haired pointer (Drahthar). Just horrible. I desperately wanted to explore his abdomen and see if I could at least make a diagnosis, if not transplant the ureters, but I think the owner made the right decision to prevent anymore suffering.
    Yesterday was much better, thank you. Usually my job is pretty rewarding, and my team is great. We work hard to support each other.
    Unmanaged pain can wipe you out, Skip. You are not even taking ibuprofen or tylenol?
    So glad you are lifting weights, Steph! I hope it is the good kind of soreness.
    No brace for the knee, Sam?
    You sound like you are revving up for a great party, Kelly.
    LOVE the roaming Jack Russells, Dave. You must be in good hands with that lawyer.

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,510 Member
    edited April 10
    Options
    Good morning.

That sounds awful, Lee. I think they made the right call too and I'm sure it caused them lots of anguish making that decision.

Big storms rolled through here yesterday. Mostly nickel sized, but neighbor has a baseball size chunk in her freezer. Cecilia has a couple dings on the roof of her car, but nothing to really do on a 9 y/o car.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Skip, I think the Eagles had the right prescription for you, "Take it Easy".
    • I am back to see my Orthopedist today. Hoping for good news.
    • When are you heading to Louisville Lou? That's a long drive.
    • The weekend is coming Mary. Nothing like opening up the lake property.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,842 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Hope you get some rest today, Skip.

Reached my announced WW goal weight, yesterday, down 25.5 lbs, since I signed up again. THIS time, I vow to not let it drift back up, out of control.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    Lee - you make a difference every day for our canine/feline friends! Extending sympathies when you are put in such dire straits.
    Trying to avoid meds during day - but typically by end of day take a flexeril.
    Checked mail again, no invite for the Indiana soiree. Maybe tomorrow. 😎
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Had a fun day yesterday. We visited the traveling Oaxaca market. They had a ton of beautiful clothing and leather goods but nothing I needed. So i bought some hair henna and an ice cream. Then we had spanish class.

Today I'm going shopping with some ladies who live in our condo complex. I think we are mostly visiting consignment shops but I'm mostly going for the comrade. I have a small list of things I'm looking for but unlikely I'll find (money clip, hair dryer, tennis shirt) I might find a sweatshirt. I have a nicer long sleeve sweater but need one for around the house on cool evenings.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,567 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Being nice to folks can really mess up ones week, oh well know I did what is right.
    Good luck shopping, enjoy the fellowship.
    Skip, if I could not sleep I would take something; hard to heal being too tired and sleepy.
    Glad you are set Kelly, enjoy the activities.
    Lee's advice has helped me and pups greatly through years,
    CONGRATS DAVE ! ! !
    Fingers crossed for you Dennis, Whiskey Fire needs to roll in order to glow.
    HAPPY HUMPING
  • lowbar31
    edited April 10
    Options
    Well, the Doc says I am healing and can increase activity but not the motorcycle. There will be six more weeks of winter. :'(
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    Oh no, Dennis! Sorry to hear, but as you and I both know - doctors orders!
  • lowbar31
    edited April 10
    Options
    Yes, Doc. Skippy.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,552 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Typical work day here

Congrats to lose Dave good Work!

Have fun with the ladies Steph!

Hope tge final numbers for Lou were Great!

Thinking of you Kelly and know you'll have a great weekend.

Sorry Dennis. You shall ride again.

Skip. Rest rest rest.

Lee your a great doc!