mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,396 Member
Good morning, men.

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,078 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Mike, you barely beat me to it today. I was AWOL yesterday it appears.

Mike, did you find your glasses?

Lee, the Chiefs and Royals are committed to staying in their existing stadiums for another 7 years. After that? I get it, although nice, the stadiums are old. They just need to figure out a better plan. Some people are nostalgic for a downtown stadium, but this plan they had might not have been the best. They will come up with a better plan in the next several months. It was more about the location, and less about the tax dollars I think.

My weight has been bouncing a bit. I need to not be as "relaxed" with what I eat. I was down again today, and holding around 175. I have a goal of around 160.

Work has been very busy. I have been shooting training videos of sorts. Today for example, I will go into Microsoft Teams, set up a meeting with myself, and then with headphones and microphone, I will record each screen and the process of paying sales tax in each of 15 states. I am doing this now with all of my key processes, so that my successor can follow if they choose. I am now encouraging the team to do this with their key processes. This way, if something happens to any of us, we have the key processes preserved for someone to follow. I have this love/hate relationship with technology.

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,603 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Hoping Mike found his specs.
    Funny how the little things can create such profound satisfaction, Bill. Finding peace is important.
    I found peace with a purring cat and a strong cup of coffee this morning.
    Dog training this morning, then a transatlantic call with the creator of a thermal pad we use in surgery to keep patients warm. This particular thermal pad created a burn on one of my patients. I reported it to the rep who sold it to us with the claim that it would never cause a burn. The Dutch veterinary surgeon who designed it contacted me immediately and wanted to have a talk. He seems very concerned.
    I splurged again yesterday, eating a bagel for breakfast (staff meeting) and then a Cubano sandwich for lunch (paid for by Purina for doing a lunch and learn). 39 pts, poof!
    Satan! Get thee behind me!

Onward and downward :-)
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,396 Member
    Options
    Couldn't get into the road leading to the river--it's an access road to town wells: No Trespassing. Will have to paddle upstream to get there. So, wearing old, scratched, bent bifocals. Meanwhile I ordered a new pair from Zenni. Not $6 a pair like Dave's, but not hundreds either. This is actually the second time I've lost eyeglasses canoeing.

Met up with DD at a local waterfall to dig wild leeks; every year she makes homemade leek and potato soup. The leeks however were just starting to grow; we'll go back in a week or so to check on them.

Lee, your Five Guys burger made my mouth water, I had one once. But those points are ridiculous.

Steve, that's an interesting approach to cross training and handing off work.

Sam, how's your knee? Are they able to do something to help with that? Seems like there's all sorts of orthopedic advances all the time these days...

Bob, how was the eclipse trip? Clear skies?

Off to piano class this morning. Learning Hoagie Carmichael's Stardust.

Have a good one.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

There is still hope for the glasses, Mike. But having a second pair around is probably a good idea, anyway.

We had a good meeting with an investment counselor yesterday. Looks like we will move some money from one thing to another, to get better interest rates and defer taxes. We3 meet him again on Friday.

I hope to crank up the gas chainsaw, today, and break down a couple of the big chunks of our old cherry tree I couldn't get to before my back surgery. Sitting out int he cold and rain, they have stayed pretty stable, but as the weather warms, they will split and crack if I don't do something with them.

Made a pot of my black bean soup last night. At least two more meals there. Doesn't feel like dieting. Kind of like some of the game meals you make, Lee.

We're thinking of getting a kitten to be a companion for Sassy when we are out.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,533 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

I didn’t sleep very well and ended in an odd position it seems and my neck is stiff and quite sore. It is responding to gentle movement and I hope with a little heat will make movement less exciting. Today is Corned Beef Hash day. When traveling, if we see it on the menu we always try it. It is the only way I eat corned beef unless some sauerkraut, ground mustard and swiss are involved on a strong rye. I got two recipes from folks named Lee. The one that started with buy a can of Hormel was rejected. I am going with the one from the guy from the Northeast who raises & trains dogs, wields a mean smoker and provides love and healing care to God’s creatures. This will also be the rare occasion that I am cooking with my wife. Normally I am a “get the hell out of my kitchen” kinda guy but it is good to throw a curve ball every once in a while and keep her on her toes.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,077 Member
    Options
    Back from the hill country of Texas NW of Austin.
    this was our best eclipse experience ever. Soooo emotional indeed.
    I knew in my heart of hearts there would be some breaks in the clouds and there was indeed at Horseshoe Bay TX. The sun sun peaked thru and was blocked by the moon. Extremely bright Bailey's beads and a prominence too.
    Yup the birds went crazy indeed.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    Good Evening,
    Allowed DGS to control most of my day, that's on me; bet it will not happen again.
    I like Zennie, ordered an extra pair of glasses for DMIL for $130 from Zennie, she had paid over $560 for original pair.
    Doctors office was closed this week, but nurse said he could not see me before May 1.
    Glad eclipse showed out for you Bob.
    Most of time when I cook I enjoy DW helping because she cleans up.
    LMAO, "Satan! Get thee behind me!" WW always taught you eat it own it, track it. I'll still like to see Mike say that at Bible study.