LeonardRing Posts: 4,563 Member
Rise & Shine
A new day awaits

Replies

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Grandson's first soccer game is today. Thankfully, the weather is cooperating. It should be sunny and in the low 60s.

We spent an hour and a half signing stuff and transferring the biggest part of our life savings into three new accounts, yesterday. Then we got into the hand-wringing worry about whether we had done the right thing. I'm great, just making a decision and moving on. DW always has to move into regret mode. Causes her a lot of extra anxiety.

Still haven't made it out into the yard with my chainsaw. The last two times I planned to, I ended up working on big chunks taking up space on one end of the shop floor. Rita calls it the butterfly effect, where we flutter from one thing to another, randomly.

Hope all are doing well with recoveries.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,533 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Temps are dropping and a weather system moving in after several days of spring/summer weather to remind us of what cold and wet is all about. My now very stiff neck became very painful yesterday. Pain meds, muscle relaxors, heat/ice etc haver not worked. I have an appointment at Urgent Care at 1:30 today since I have run out ideas and more importantly I promised Heather I would. I expect by then I will be back to needing some help to get out of a chair. Can’t figure out what I could have done to myself.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,077 Member
    edited April 13
    Options
    I know many may think eclipses as science nerdy but really they are also one of the most spiritual events that many of us may experience in our lifetimes. Takes us way beyond ourselves indeed with blessed feelings.

Wow Steve as you say a lot of damage from the hail storm.

Dave you are right about batteries costing about as much as tools. Having said that I too love my battery powered pruning pole and my battery powered small chainsaw as well as pruning shears that will lop branches of hard wood up to an inch or more. My electric lawn mower batteries have lasted many many years. I have had zero failures thus far. My mower is 6 years old and the original batteries still work albeit a bit weaker.

Stihl makes electric chainsaws now too. Don't know what the reputation is but suspect it is good.

Hang in there all!
    Today is suppose to get to lo 70s or at least upper 60s

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,603 Member
    edited April 13
    Options
    Afternoon gents.

Back from a damp morning of dog training. Wish we had been running a trial, my girls looked amazing today.
    Windy and cool and still very soggy, but I got to get out and do a little something this afternoon. I think I will remove the snow thrower from the tractor and put on the mowing deck.
    I like the idea of battery powered lawn gadgets. I have lost all interest in tinkering with and maintaining small gas engines.
    I cannot wait until my DGS's first soccer game. Have fun with that. Just hope you didn't invest too heavily in EVs and crypto.

Satan, get thee behind me! ;-)