Sunday Cup of Joe - 4/14/24

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,473 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,920 Member
    Options
    G' (late) Morn~
    • Suspect the party in IN went well into the wee hours and was a smashing success!
    • Got the Vette out yesterday for monthly car club breakfast.
    • Sunny and 80 forecasted today. Sounds like a perfect day to be outside with some suds in hand watching the final round of the Masters!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,842 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Not that warm, here. I'll watch the Masters from the comfort of my old and battered recliner.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,510 Member
    edited April 14
    Options
    Good morning.

Huzzah for the happy couple, Kelly!

It's going to be warm but cloudy here today.

We pulled more stuff from our storage bin yesterday to get rid of. A friend of mine with an Ebay store is going to go through them to see if anything is sellable and the rest going to the video co-op.

https://www.weluvvideo.org/

Cecilia is working on a kitchen redesign where a few boxes of the stuff we had in Chicago could come back and we can finally make something out of this place. Then we'll start making the harder choices about things with the goal of emptying storage out. Having cleaned out my parents' house, I won't put my nieces and nephews through that when we're gone; and definitely not in two locations.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,567 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I know several are skipping church today to go to Masters, going to be HOT out there.
    I have not played golf since college and not that interested in Masters; though we appreciate the revenue it brings to area.
    80's this afternoon.
    Bet there's some tired folks in IN, now cleanup begins.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,604 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Congrats to the Happy Couple!
    Poor Tiger Woods almost melted at the Masters yesterday. Its gotta be so frustrating to have been so good and now just average. I know he is a victim of his own circumstance, I but I still feel for him.
    Are you ever tempted to take your and of your Vettes to a race track and really feel the wind in your hair?

BBB OP ;-)

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,920 Member
    Options
    LOL, Lee!

Nope. I'm not that guy (speed freak). Though this has an upgraded Borla exhaust system and sounds like a raped ape going down the road.
    Mostly a show and tell mid-life crisis, conservative driver.
    Raine's hubby making me a nice customized air-brushed hood insulation piece that will have an American Flag and POW/MIA emblem. Judges and show enthusiasts seems to enjoy those personal touches.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Wedding picture

pbqem40knygz.jpg
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

Nothing new going on here. We went and saw a band yesterday. They are a pretty good 70/80's cover. Fun outdoor venue right on the water.

Good on you for clearing out the storage Lou. We have so many nomad friends who continue to pay for storage for years then just end up getting rid of all after many years of payments and then the hassle of getting rid when they live far away. If I didn't have easy storage at dad's we wouldn't even have our 4 totes.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning BBB Friends.
    • Congratulations Reilly and Natalie!
    • I've been churched and schooled. Problems with the video system but got it fixed before the sermon started. Jeesh.
    • Looking forward to seeing Tom's customized Corvette piece.
    • Today is about the only time I care anything about golf. Yeh Lee, you got to feel for poor Tiger. His son will be there in a few years.
    • Have a great spring Sunday BBB.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,552 Member
    Options
    Happy post wedding Day to the mog and fog! KELLY LOOKS SPECTACULAR!!!

Well its 73F and sunny here so we decided or should I say he'd decided to do an oil change and get the boat launched and tied up back in the water, before we head out for home.

All this setup activity and yard work yesterday and Im Really feeling the aches and pains of my again winter weight gain and being too inactive. I need to change this! And talking about it isn't going to make it happen.

Have a nice day BBB
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. Still have a house full and entertaining. I’ve cooked lunch. Dinner soon.

Yesterday went great. I posted some picks on Facebook. Thanks Steph for posting that. That’s Dr Chars. Roarkes gf.