Tuesday Cuppa Joe: 4.16.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 6,920 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    GM~
    • Round #2 of "meet the candidates" yielded another SRO crowd! HOA meets tomorrow night so I guess we'll find out if I was convincing enough or too "over the top" for them 😎
    • WE like Chicago Fire too! Great series!
    • DBIL/DSIL coming to town for the weekend to help DW sort through more of DMIL's things. New furniture for that bedroom hopefully arrives Friday too!
    • 85 here yesterday! Way too hot too fast too early!
    • Glad everything in IN is getting back to normalcy! Pics?

Have a great Tuesday!

~Skipper
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Check out Facebook for pictures.

85 is way too hot so early. It was 80 here yesterday. Felt great.

Still cleaning. Today I should have it all done just in time for 7 pm Bible study here. Ha.
  • kgmoody
    Options
    h7vrpbdxs980.jpeg
  • kgmoody
    Options
    gv0a4pkghbqr.jpeg
  • kgmoody
    Options
    We struggled with that pic with our mom. Sister is on the right
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends,
    • Looking good Kelly. That WW stuff must work.
    • Good luck with the election Skip.
    • Busy, busy day on tap. Looking forward to getting away for a few days.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

They'd be lucky to have you, Skip.

Huzzah for peace and quiet, Kelly!

Long day today with the Resource Management Commission meeting tonight to top things off. Did most of my packing last night.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,604 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

HOA again, Skip? Aren't you planning on moving out?
    I agree that WW is looking good on Kelly.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,842 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Great photos Kelly.

Your neighborhood is certainly different from ours, Skip. Here they're desperate to get anyone to volunteer for the board. Anyone who steps up is elected by acclamation. I did five years, two as vice president, when we first moved in and haven't been to a meeting since.

Getting ready to head out for a hike. Gotta run.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,552 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB

Kelly it looked like a beautiful wedding was had! And so was the mog, you're just so pretty! Nice dress!

I'm so frustrated with hq. But I stay in check and just keep pushing orders to them to try to fill. I alone am: receptionist, marketing, sales, order processing and order production release, purchasing, invoicing, collections, shipping documents creater. Whats left? Don't ask. 2023 sales $992k. 50% was profit imo.

I'm so sore from the weekend push. The backpack leaf blower hurt my shoulder errr.
    But yes we are totally set up with wifi on, too. Boat even in water. My future away message: Hello. Thanks for the email, I'm out of the office on the water right now... I'll reply back, soon.😄

Have a great day BBB
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,552 Member
    Options
    Oh, and the 4 of us on our hoa board don't even meet up anymore, except for annual membership meeting in Nov lol. Its only us 4 anyway plus 2 more maybe show up,, of 75 lots. I'm going on 8 yrs on hoa board. 5 yrs as president. As are the other 3. Phft.its.a. joke. If anyone whines we just tell them they have to join board ....lol... then they go away ha! But, all 5 yrs I've collected 100% of the 150.00 assessments due ea lot. And the pond and entrance looks great. So whatever.

The lake hoa is looking to hire a full time office administrator. No thanks. Pay is like 15/hr. Its really bad there as far as whiners and folks doing whatever they want...
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,567 Member
    Options
    "normalcy", what is it?
    Most want to whine but refuse to take accountability for themselves and family.
    We have a guy who has been on board I know for 8 years, most complain about him but will not step up themselves. He has helped lots of individuals and spent many days working with pool folks, landscape companies and being a go between developer and residents. I have no desire to step up, been there done that.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

We didn't join our HOA. It wasn't mandatory. We went to a couple of meetings before deciding and met with the president and asked questions. Mostly they just plant flowers at the entrance and host a Easter egg hunt and garage sale. When we asked about enforcing the rules for a house that had a shed in the front yard and a washer and dryer on the driveway for months they said yay we won't do anything. We decided they didn't need our $200. I did go help with the flower planting a time or two.

Ron's calf injury is healing well. He's not up for a beach walk but might head out our driveway and see what we can see. Today is Spanish class at the only place in town we have found with excellent beers.

Yesterday's shopping trip was a huge success. Found a place with soy sauce, diced tomatoes and peanut butter made with only peanuts and salt (not added sugar) the grain store wasn't open but at least I know where it is...will check back next time we are out. Plus saw a sporting goods store that looked promising. Shopping in Mexico is nothing like shopping in the US. Nothing is on Google maps and no one has a web presence. Hours are in Flux and there is never parking.

The ATM at sams wouldn't give us money and the parking lot at the one bank recommend was packed so will try again today.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Kelly your dress is beautiful.
  • kgmoody
    Options
    Praise Gods we have NO HOA. We live in a lovely cul de sac with great neighbors. I will say though that an HOA would not have let our neighbor paint her house fire engine red and I’m not kidding. I’ll take another picture so you can all laugh!!

Thanks for the compliments.

If I can work from home Mary, I’d be interested in a job.
  • kgmoody
    Options
    p72jx9nrma5g.jpeg
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    Without doubt - there are +/- to HOA's. Generally, I think they're bloviated HOWEVER, they do maintain some sense of decorum (such as disallowing a fire engine red neighbor 😎

Tomorrow is voting day. We'll see if I was convincing enough to hold our developer accountable on the stanchion of "Promoting our brand as THE Premier Active Adult Community in Northern Virginia"

DW having a hard day. Went to lunch at favorite restaurant of her and DMIL and ate by herself. She's made alot of progress on going through property.

cheers,
    skip
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,604 Member
    Options
    I like the red house.