Hi all

Options
LAFordyce13
LAFordyce13 Posts: 3 Member
None of the adhd groups seem to be alive :'(
I'm late diagnosed (last year). Explains my whole life and my eating issues and weight fluctuations.
Looking for friends to add for motivation and body doubling.
I'm not new to mfp but had to make a new account as *shockingly* couldn't remember my log in details...
Tagged:

Replies

• RoadToFeelingGreat
    RoadToFeelingGreat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow adhd person. I am looking for a community for this. My adhd and other mental health situations make it difficult for me to sleep, be consistent in motivation, remembering what I ate and exercise so I have to put my mind and willpower into it ( like a drunk person trying to walk in a straight line) into it and use an assortment of tricks and medication to counteract my weak points. I am looking for personal development starting on my physical health.
  • Melanierocks2024
    Melanierocks2024 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! You’re right I can’t figure out which groups work! Let’s try haha.
  • carijoy27
    carijoy27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same sort of boat. Chasing dopamine, but hoping mfp will make goals tangible and easier to focus on.
    I've been unable to take meds for adhd for the past year, and food largely stepped in for me. Double stuf oreos are my weakness.
    I'm all for body doubling, motivation, and encouragement! I'm really hoping this is the right fit!
  • mikeyrowlands
    mikeyrowlands Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Not sure what body doubling in but I could do with a place to share experiences and tips.

I was diagnosed last year, meds helped but seem to be in short supply.

My biggest issue is once I'm tired/drained at the end of the day, I struggle to keep to my plan, I eat junk for a dopamine boost, I'd love to go to the gym but by the time my commute is done, I just don't have the capacity.

Health wise I need to fix it, I'm getting on and won't keep avoiding serious illness. I