Thursday Cuppa Joe: 4.18.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 6,920 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    edited April 18
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • Very intriguing 2.5 meeting last night (I had to leave for a school Zoom call at 8p).
    • I was one of the 5 elected. Builder/Developer less than helpful in their "handoff" - residents quite angry!
    • C'mon Friday!
    • This time next week, I'll be sipping coffee from the base of the Rockies! We sooooo need a break!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,842 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

We hung out with our grandson after school, yesterday. At his request we too Sassy for a nice walk by a local lake, then had supper at a burger joint that has been serving u great, classic food since the '50s. The sort of place people my age get nostalgic about. The Big Tom Burger: two hand-formed patties, charred around the edges but juicy inside, with melting American cheese, tomato, lettuce, onions and Goop (the secret, special sauce), served on a bun toasted in the beef fat on the grill, so it's crisp around the edges. The Big Tom is a four or five-napkin burger. That came with crinkle-cut fries hot enough to burn your tongue and a blackberry milkshake made with real blackberries. There went all my weekly points, but it was worth it. DGS Andrew (8) had the bacon cheeseburger, and said it was great, too.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,604 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Yep, I likes the Barndominium.
    hc62ircjz98p.jpg
    DS#1, DDIL, and DGS in Colorado by September. Going to Spain's Mediterranean coast to vacay with them in June.
    That blackberry milkshake sounds really good.
    Your teacher does sound amazing, Steph. God bless her.

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Good morning and greetings from Hot Springs.

Congratulations, Skip?

Sam - we tried nominating someone else, but she turned it down, so I was stuck.

Last night we went to a pizza place when everything else completely underwhelmed us. They had dough knots which were basically Cinnabon for dessert, so I too have v pushed my weeklies into the abyss.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Congratulations Skip. Somebody's got to do it. We'll compare notes when you get back from CO.
    • Sitting off in a pasture a red barndominium would look great. A red house in our 'hood wouldn't go over either.
    • Your June vaca sounds marvelous Lee.
    • I like blackberry milkshakes. Reminds me of a place many moons ago that hade 100 different flavors of milkshakes.
    • We are off to FL. I didn't buy the wifi package so it may be a while before you hear from me again.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,567 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Safe travels Dennis and Kris, Lou and Ceilia
    Congrats Skip, just remember you ask for it.
    Dave, description of burger makes me hungry.
    Started day at Emmaus breakfast
    Need to make run up to the big town of Athens
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

I'll post the new haircut later...didn't take a picture yesterday and it's pretty wonky now. But it's so short I'm going to need to get some bigger earrings.

Going to try a beach walk today. I have extra cash in case we need to taxi home.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    That dinner sounds amazing Dave!!

Congrats skip.

We finally finished up leftovers from the weekend.

Lost the 2# I gained from the weekend too.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    I'm betting you are glad EVERYTHING is over.

Meanwhile - DW trying to get rid of the rest of DMIL shoe collection! #ShootMe!

o412iiw4hcn6.jpeg
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing those shoes won't fit me?
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,552 Member
    Options
    Hi BBB

I'd help her sell the shoes on marketplace if I was closer. If she'd rather donate, I'm sure there a woman's assistance, career path place that would take them... ?

Enjoy your weekend away Dennis and Chris. Lou and Cecilia! Every days a weekend away for Steph and Ron! 😃

How fun to vacation with your family and dgs Lee! Bet Gramma Mary is thrilled Too!

Kelly, you are a rock star in so many Ways!

My stuff is at the door. Dh gets home from work at 3pm. He's showering and we're then headed to the lake ....ETA 6pm.

Be well BBB!