Monday Morning Cuppa Joe: 4.22.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • I'm becoming like Garfield: I hate Monday mornings! Ugh. Weekend went way too fast!
    • Hope Kris and Dennis are enjoying the cruise!
    • We leave butt crack early on Wednesday for flight to Denver and long weekend in Estes Park.
    • Got alot done with DMIL stuff this past weekend. DBIL/DSIL took a ton of crap with them.
    • Mary - how did the 7p RV tour go? What are you looking for? A fifth wheel or Coach?
    • Yes, the Tomahawk was medium rare; perfectly seasoned; and quite a great tableside experience!
    • 0-104 in under 10 secs. First time driving it - so really backed it down to avoid being that Youtube video where someone smashes up their nice car doing something stupid.
    • Long day today (contractors doing the one-year punch list repairs.....ugh).

Cheers,
    skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,675 Member
    edited April 22
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

If you have a need for speed, buy a helmet and check this out. Safer than our public thoroughfares. Praying you stay off youtube.
    https://www.scca.com/pages/how-do-i-get-on-track
    Hope Dennis and Kris are having a good time.
    Steph, I was describing your and Ron's retirement to a friend who just retired at 65, and he thought that what you guys are doing is amazing. He was in finance and thought he would have had plenty of time to travel once he hit 50, but never did. Wishes he could have figured out an early retirement.
    Congrats on your new low, Dave. Wow.
    TOL looked pretty intense, Lou. How did they get the fleur de lis in the sky like that?

BBB OP ;-)
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

We're looking for either or, Skip. A friend can pull a 5th wheel or a larger travel trailer for us. I liked the one last night but they had no power to it. So how does one make sure everything works? Geez Frustrating.

Today I must get some produce for the week ! Been craving red grapefruit too!

Hope the Bahamas are treating our friends well!

Have a great day BBB!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,927 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Pretty sure the lights in the sky are drones. They have computer programs that can control thousands at one time to make elaborate patterns. Lith LEDs capable of changing colors the possibilities are endless.

Report for jury duty in an hour and a half. Have to say high and bye.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Hello all

We played pickleball for an hour or so then to the gym for a bit of treadmill hills and stretching. Ron has his long massage today then ??? We have a bike race from Sunday to watch but is 6 hours. Need to watch soon or we will hear who won which makes it way less entertaining. We also need to go to an atm...the last two times we went they were out of cash...we have enough for a few more days but need cash soon. I'm sure the bank with the $18 fee has plenty.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    AYKM! $18 surcharge fee's? YIKES!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Believe Dennis and Kris return tomorrow.
    $18 ATM fee, quite high does not sound like Mexico is much lower in cost of living.
    The right RV will come along with the right price. Check with financial intuitions that finance RV's there use to be two auctions a year for repros. If you have a friend who works for a dealer he/she can get you into dealer auctions. Banks are not allowed to hold them but so long because they mess up their lending ratios.
    DW still having trouble getting around while my knee keeps going out; plus is DW losing weight because cannot get around to get food. Could be she does not like my cooking.