Tuesday Cuppa Joe: 4.23.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 6,920 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,920 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • HOA Meeting last night. I decided I needed more drama and got assigned as treasurer. I'm sure I'll make many new friends in our 488 home 'hood!
    • Off to CO tomorrow early - can't wait!
    • Tired this morning!

Cheers
    Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,604 Member
    edited April 23
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Hoping Dave didn't get selected for a long trial.
    Colorado Estes Park should be glorious this time of year.
    Luv me sum grapefruit!
    Drones make perfect sense, Dave. Pretty cool.

BBB OP ;-)
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Nothing new in Indiana.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,552 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Skip, that position is the most work. Yikes, you're busy enough? Good luck! And congrats. I Guess? 😉

I got a lunch date with my 9mo. old dgs. So, I'm cooking him some carrots to share!

The red grapefruits I picked up are delicious. A buck a peice. He's going to try some of those too!

Sunny here today and suppose to be mid 50's. Tom drove his Harley to work today. I have the F150 to let ds use it to haul some yard debris to his local dump later today.

Hope Lou had a nice seder in Louisville. And gets lots done this trip too!

Dennis and Kris, hows its going?! Good Trip? You back Yet?

Have a great day BBB!

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,839 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

I was selected for a trial, yesterday, but was excused by the judge due to a hospital appointment I have Wednesday. I was home for lunch. Interesting that Georgia excuses those over 70 from jury duty - and kind of insulting, too. So, everyone over 70 is too dottering and senile to reach intelligent decisions?

That got me thinking about how I feel. I'm 74, but I don't feel "old." I still think of myself as middle aged. It's just a number, right?

Beautiful, warm, sunny day, today, followed by a week of below normal temperatures and a chance of rain. Guess I'll mow the lawn today.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,471 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Made it safely home last night.
    • It was a nice cruise and good to see some of my old classmates. I think I prefer Princess Cruises over Royal Carribean.
    • Growing up in FL we had a pink grapefruit tree in our back yard. We'd go out and pick one for breakfast.
    • Skip, hopefully you have a HOA management company handling payments and such. Kris is the treasurer for the Villa Association part of our HOA. We'll talk when you get home. Enjoy Estes Park.
    • You aren't automatically dismissed from jury duty in GA if your are 70+ but you can asked to be dismissed. It's up to the individual.

"In the state of Georgia, any person 70 years of age or older is entitled to make a request to the board of jury commissioners or its clerk in writing, accompanied by an affidavit giving the person's name, age, and such other information as the board may require, in order to be excluded from further jury duty."
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,856 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Enjoy Estes Park. It was so much fun back in the late 80's when my rich aunt took us and again in the 00's when we spent a day or two on our honeymoon.

We have spanish class this afternoon and need to get some groceries today too. I finally found a flour tortillieria that is amazing. It's a bit far from anywhere else we go but worth it. We eat taco salads for supper most nights and tortilla croutons make it delicious.

Mary enjoy your DGS.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Glad you and Chris had a good time Dennis
    I’m ready for a cruise. Having a grapefruit tree would’ve been awesome!

Dave, age is a number. It’s all in your mind. 74 is still young

One of my high school friends died instantly early this morning in a semi truck accident on I65. It was 3 semis. So very very sad. She had lost her son several years ago to suicide. She just got engaged a few months ago. Just sad. Praying for her family.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,552 Member
    Options
    Thats sad Kelly. I witnessed some semi truck road rage on I65 on one of my many OSU Columbus visits. Its a very busy truck interstate for sure.

Welcome back Dennis! What's your favorite cruise to date on which ship?

I made the best chicken curry dish tonight, even surprised myself.

Dave if you inherit your mothers longevity you have many many many more Years

Bedtime for me, goodnight BBB!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,471 Member
    Options
    Mary, favorite to date would be the Baltic cruise on the Regal Princess. All the Scandinavian countries with excursions to Berlin and St. Petersburg.