Friday Cup of Joe - 4/26

Options
louisstone
louisstone Posts: 2,548 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,548 Member
    Options
    Good morning, folks.

The house went under contract last night and the estate sale guy is hosting a yard sale today for all the stuff like shelving that he couldn't sell last time because they were used for displays. We're starting the trip back to Austin today.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
    edited April 26
    Options
    GM~
    1. CONGRATS, Lou! I know that is one big headache off your shoulders! Hoping the sale is smooth and quick! Safe trek home!
    2. Enjoyed a relaxing day yesterday. Back is screaming. I spent most of the time on benches outside of stores while DW enjoyed browsing.
    3. Chillier here today. Not much beyond dinner tonight planned.
    4. Have a TGIF day!

f3w0tmwrhd86.jpeg
      70t8n153qefk.jpeg

~Skip
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Great news Lou! Let's hope the sale goes smoothly. Have a safe trip home.
    • I spent all day completing a Defensive Drivers course on-line yesterday to earn an insurance discount.
    • That said I have nothing on tap for today.
    • I imagine Kelly is enjoying peace and quiet.
    • Heading back to the lake Mary?
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,927 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

It looks so nice and springlike in Colorado. Makes me jealous as I dry Sassy off from her morning excursion to the backyard.

Glad you can put that behind you, Lou. We will be facing similar challenges with the house in Salem. My sister and brother-in-law have discussed buying me and my brother out, then renovating the house themselves. Certainly, anyone buying the house will probably do so to flip it. The house hasn't had a major upgrade since 1959, when we moved in, other than the addition of a nice sunroom. It has electric baseboard heat and the kitchen has no dishwasher. Some of the trusses in the garage are starting to sag under the load of stuff stored on the rafters, too. DBIL is a contractor, doing high-end renovations, so this would be right up his alley. We'll see.

DGD has her Fourth Grade Concert tonight. Always fun.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

Congrats Lou. Wishing you a smooth closing.

Today is our busy day. Pickleball, then gym for my long weightlifting session, Ron has massage at noon then Spanish class and housekeeping.

We went to an expat meet up at a nearby restaurant last night. They meet weekly for happy hour. Tons of people there so that was fun. It's walkable via the Beach but we drove last night. They then mostly all went to dinner but we stayed behind and chatted with the few that didn't. Next week maybe I'll plan to go to dinner.

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Good evening

Enjoy Skip and Carrie!

Yay Lou good luck! See travels. Sounds like Austin is having some protesting issues?

Great idea for you Dave. Less work for you Too?

Dennis, when are you able to ride your HD again?

We are home this weekend. DH is Helping ds2 and ddil with taking a fallen tree down the rest of the way, while I get some dgs time!

Doc Lee working the girls?

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    Options
    Next Dr. appointment is May 21st. Hopefully that is the day I'm cleared to ride.