Sunday Cup of Joe - 4/28/24

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,517 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,649 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Hope the comic was funny and the blizzard doesn't affect traveling today. Safe travels home.
    Looking forward to DGK soccer. This just in from the Netherlands.
    tkcvcbeohjjs.jpeg
    That is his third cousin behind Laddy.
    Congrats on the sale of the house, Lou!
    Hope the buying out of your mom's house works out for your DS and DBIL, Dave. Sounds like a good option.

BBB OP ;-)
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Laddy is getting so big! Looks like he wants to be a pilot like his Dad!

Congrats on the quick offer Lou!

Keep the snow over there Skip! Hope you had a nice weekend away!

Hope Stephs people are safe in Nebraska after these tornados.

Enjoy watching the gkids in their activities Dave! What animal was dgd's costume?

I imagine my dgs sports are in my future too. Spent 22 years chasing my 2 guys from tots tee ball, little league, soccer, to high school variety baseball and football. There was some choir concerts and scouts in there too. Busy parenting for sure. No regrets.

79F and very humid here yesterday. Then rain came in around 8pm. Dh and ds got the tree(s) cut down safely and all cleaned up. Has a nice load to split. Ds then used dh's zero turn with aerator pull behind, on his lawn. Dgs loved being outside watching all the action with me.

Today is a rainy grocery shopping day. Thats all I got going on today.

Have a day BBB!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,888 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Great photo of Laddy.

Elsie (DGD) made a costume as a cheetah - with pink spots. The parade was great fun with people dressed as or controlling giant models of everything from jelly fish to dung beetles. Many were just weird. Very typical of Olympia. This was the first time the parade has been held since Covid shut everything down and the crowd downtown was massive. Very mellow.

No choir at church this morning. I might just stay home and work in my shop.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,967 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • Great photo's, Doc! Laddy will be flying Apache's in no time too!
    • Today is pack up and travel day. Late afternoon flight means late midnight arrival home. Ugh.
    • The snow persisted all day but roads are clear. Temps in 40s/50's today so hoping flights are on time!
    • Comic was ok. Doc Lee, opening act was Animal Planet Vet Kevin Fitzgerald. I though he was much much funnier than Collin Quinn.
    • Mission success I think. DW has been able to relax, enjoy, unwind, for a few days. She still has lots to deal with but this was a great distraction (albeit for a couple days).

Cheers,
    skipper
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,517 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning BBB Friends.
    • Manned the livestream cameras at church this morning.
    • Is it my imagination or is Laddy both the Pilot and Co-Pilot? Reminds me of something I heard. If God is your Co-Pilot, you're in the wrong seat.
    • We saw a couple of good comics on our cruise. Safe travels Skip.
    • We are being overrun with cicadas. I haven't actually seen them yet, but the sound is loud and constant.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and greetings from Nacogdoches, Texas. We're hunkered down here for the night as some really bad weather is going to work it's way through north and central Texas tonight. We're under a tornado watch right now as a matter of fact.

We did the Rocket Center in Huntsville yesterday.

18" of snow is all my pea brain could remember.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Hey all

I apparently didn't hit post this am.

All family and c lose friends are safe from tornados but holy cow was bad in metro Omaha including airport.

Glad the Colorado getaway was good. V