Monday Cuppa Joe: 4.29.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    GM~
    1. Up way too early after getting home at midnight.
    2. Glad to see #Tucker (who got to sleep in the Master Bed last night).
    3. Off to get some SBUX and a follow up X-Ray from surgery for a later appt this week.
    4. Then tackle the zillion emails I've missed out on.

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,675 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Doggy welcome homes are the best.
    It is Tornado season. I remember my days in Oklahoma, driving with me dad and he would criticize the construction of homes as to their tornado resistance worthiness. Single level brick or stone homes with low roof lines getting the highest praise. He would pray for folks living in mobile home parks. It seems those mobile home parks were often situated on flood plains too.
    Mary, I have to brag on the rainbow trout I caught for my dinner yesterday. Not quite a football, but close.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,927 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

During my initial training at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, we once had to run out of the old wood barracks where we lived and lie down in a ditch for shelter, as a tornado was on the ground nearby. The twister turned the other way and tore up the post golf course. All we got was very wet and muddy.

The trout sounds great, Lee. I miss fly fishing, but don't trust myself wading in rocky rivers anymore.

Rita has an appointment at the hospital this afternoon. That will keep us from getting into any big projects for the day.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Pablo is at training and will spend about 6 hours in daycare, I have an appointment with ophthalmologist early afternoon.
    Neighbor 3 doors up passed away yesterday afternoon; she is better off fought cancer for 8 years.
    Skip, glad you and Carrie had a good time and made it back safe.
    Lou, back to Austin? Glad you got everything out and house sold.
    Rita going for checkup? or having issues?
    Its too warm here for trout, have to head north though they do stock streams in very northern parts of GA do not get very large.
    Basic at Fort Jackson had old two-story wooden barracks that were well ventilated and seldom got warm in winter; wind blew went straight through.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Welcome home Tucker.
    • I had breakfast with the ROMEOs this morning.
    • I remember old WWII barracks at Lackland AFB.
    • I think I would rather be in Mexico.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Bragging rights you got with that one Lee, congrats!

My friend that lives year round at the lake caught some bluegill keepers last week, at about 12ft deep, on worms, no bobber. And put them back. I'm reminded I need to renew my fishing license tomorrow. I am hoping I can learn more about, and do more fishing this summer season. Hoping to work remotely from there more too!

They're in the midst of trying to agree on a plan to clean up the algae issues on these 3 man made connected lakes. $$$$ property taxes going up, may get some state grants also? They want to approve a program using Nanobubble technology. They best do something by late July last year you couldn't go in the water.

FL shatshow finally got a system order out today. I sold it in Dec. We've gone from 8 wks to 16 wks post covid. Price has tripled.smh..

Have a good one BBB