Saturday Cup of Joe ~ May the Fourth (be with you)

Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,675 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,675 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Made it through Friday at work. Just barely. Had to power through a bunch of 30 something support staff *kitten* sessions all day. I was super busy with a lot of very difficult clients and their sick pets and I wasn't in the mood to deal with petty sh**.
    Nice day for dog training. Tucker is super styling with the doggles!
    Its "no mow" May for the pollinators. My HOA is not amused. Oh wait, I don't live in an HOA. I wonder if there are HOAs out there that support that sort of thing.
    Hope Steph's toe is OK.
    How's the DGK, Mary?
    Will watch the Derby today while making dinner.

BBB OP ;-)
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,587 Member
    edited May 4
    Options
    Morning BBB

2hrs in already....yawn, awake way too early on a Sat morning. But im making noise now so Tom gets up... its a yes mow May day on our two lake properties today, he towed the zero turn with bagger up here. One last go around with leaves and the grass we do have, needs a cut. Rain coming in this afternoon. So much for a boat ride.

My hoa neighbor won't mow until June 1, their yard looks like a "kittenshow" always anyway, whatever. My gardens give way to plenty a pollinators. Dandelions aren't welcome.

Had the local lake baker make Tom some chocolate with vanilla buttercream cupcakes for his 63rd on Monday. We are going to his daughters for dinner Sunday to celebrate. I'll take him out for a steak tonite at our favorite supperclub.

Another joy of working remote, no office bs. Sorry you had a long day Fri, Lee

DgKs are great! We will see Miss Lauren (15 mos) and fam tomorrow, for Grampa Toms birthday. Funeral for his bil is Mon.

Have a great Saturday Derby Day. I don't have a horse in the race. 😅

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,927 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

My mom's funeral is this afternoon. We're driving the 160 miles down to Salem, doing the service at the church, the reception, then a gathering at the house, before driving back up. We're leaving Sassy in the backyard. It's going to rain all day, but she has a big, covered deck where we'll put her food, water and toys. Down in Salem, the forecast is for steady rain and a high of 48. Next week, it will be 80 and sunny. I guess the gloom is fitting for a funeral.

We had some added stress, yesterday, when our CRV quit working and stranded us at the grocery store. It ended up being a bad battery - still covered by warranty. I was pleasantly surprised by all the good Samaritans who offered to help - including the Honda service department that squeezed us into their fully booked shop so we could make the drive to Oregon today.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • I hope your day goes well Dave. Saying good-bye is never easy.
    • The battery in my CR-V is 4 years old and appears to be strong. Battery life is a crap shoot. Nice to have a warranty and a good dealer.
    • Dealing with b1tchy customers is bad enough. Add employees to the mix and it is too much. Hopefully your Saturday will be better Doc.
    • No mow May would not fly in our 'hood.
    • Full workout with PT yesterday and I'm feeling it this morning. It's a good pain though.
    • Tell Tom Happy Birthday for me. Us bikers need to stick together.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • Up way too late with DW watching a movie (The Judge). Good movie but up way too late!
    • Safe trek today, SGM! Mister Rogers taught us: "....endeavor to inspire and believe in the power of humanity!!" T&P's today for you, family, and friends of your dear Mum!
    • Tonight is belated birthday celebration dinner w/ some friends. Looking forward.
    • Rain here all weekend too. Did get the Vette out for a bit yesterday. Tucker enjoyed!
    • No Mow May makes sense on so many levels.

s3gn0ers2zf7.jpeg

Cheers,
    Skipper

• steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

Toe is healing but still painful. Thankfully I can be barefoot or wear sandals all the time.

Today we are heading to the gym then the farmers markets that I'm sure is all crafts. Then a big bike race starts today so will watch that too.

Had a visitor on onyeddyapu6fsh.jpg
    balcony today.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,141 Member
    Options
    I’ve been stupid busy all day/week.

Happy birthday to Tom!!

Prayers for you Dave and your family. I’m
    Very sorry for the loss of your mother.

Tonight is prom here. I’m
    Home and happy.

So what was the movie that was so good that kept you up late?

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    Older movie w/ Robert Downey Jr and Robert Duval (The Judge).

EXCELLENT flick!