Sunday Cup of Joe - 5/5/24

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,927 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

The trek to Salem and back for my mother's memorial went well. The service was very nice, and the gathering of extended family afterwards was great, too. Spent time talking to people I hadn't seen in decades.

It was good that I took a change of clothes, so I wasn't wearing a suit when we got home. Sassy spent 11 hours in the backyard. She was blissfully happy to see me, when we got home. She was also very wet and muddy - a condition I soon matched.

Didn't sleep well, last night, and I was up way too early. A nap is probably in my plans for the afternoon.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,002 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • Glad the service went well, SGM!
    • We are starting to leave #Tucker "alone in house" a bit more and more. Last night was 3 hours while we went to dinner w/ friends. He expressed his displeasure by taking one of DW's shoes to another room and pulled the lacing out. Mostly he sleeps in foyer (Ring Cam footage).
    • Rain again today. Ugh.
    • Dealer friend moved to take GM spot at competitor; he's trying to woo me back to Jaguar. NOPE!
    • Tried pricing out tickets for a July jaunt to AK to visit family on my side. HOLY *KITTEN* - that ain't happening! More than my mortgage for two tickets!
    • Loved the pic, Steph!

~Skipper
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I'm glad that everything worked out for you to make it yesterday, Dave. I hope you didn't get too many "what are you going to do about X?" questions when you were there.

A friend who used to live in the complex here is in town to show his girlfriend around, so the gang is going to a Brazilian steakhouse tonight for dinner. I'm down two pounds during my birthday week (and after all the travel) for reasons known only unto G-d, but I have a feeling that ends tonight.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Joanne still having trouble with hip, will not make church today.
    Me, I'm ready for Friday to get this over and move on to shoulder.
    Neurologist tomorrow, Pablo has grooming as well as training appointment.
    It is a shame that most families do not get together except for funerals now.
    Skip, try AK mid-September when parttime residents depart; they work 7 or 8 months and relax on beaches balance of year. Airlines fly in empty planes for exodus in September and all stabilizes by end of
    September till end of March.
    Is there a new RV for us to stay in WI on the lake?
    Kelly, slow down enjoy life; the arrival point will not change.
    Heavy rain this morning, sun is shining brightly now.
    May try and take Pablo for a walk later.
    How's training for girls? do they have you fully trained?
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,141 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Lazy afternoon yesterday. I was pooped. Today, I haven’t managed much and that’s ok.

I agree with Sam, sad that so many familiar only get together at funerals and sometimes weddings.

Florida bound in only 6 days. Woo hoo.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    edited May 5
    Options
    Good Sunday morning BBB Friends.
    • Glad you had a good trip, Dave.
    • Yep, when it comes to Jaguars, just say no.
    • Sam, sounds like you have a laundry list of Drs. Good luck with it.
    • I'm guessing Cecilia will be a happy girl tonight.
    • I keep thinking of the view from Steph's balcony. Kind of like being on a cruise ship that doesn't move.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Hobbies cats are back out today. So fun to see them all racing around. Dolphins are playing amongst them. My cell camera can't get a good picture.

Watching the Berkshire Hathaway meeting this morning.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,141 Member
    Options
    Did I mention the fact that I love the new look on our page?
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Wishing you peace and good memories of your Mom , Dave..

Tom mowed both properties and now we are almost at his daughter's for dinner
    Can't wait to see Miss L

I may have found the RV.

😆