Saturday Cuppa Joe: 5.11.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • Late start! #Lilly wore us out after three days! She's home and jealous (Tucker) has our undevoted attention once again! LOL!
    • <<MARY/TOM>> Congrats! Can't wait to see your new setup at the lake!!!
    • DB/DSIL #1 today along with DN's coming to spend night and go out to dinner with DW.
    • DB/DSIL #2 tomorrow - joining us for Mother's Day Brunch. Glad DW will be with her DB's for the weekend!
    • We stayed in last night and binged on last season of The Resident. Miss that show!
    • Rain persists.

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,927 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Spent a couple happy hours with my chainsaw, yesterday, cutting up madrone and cherry logs. In the afternoon, I walked around the Toyota lot looking at Tacomas. They didn't have what I really want, I'll likely have to order the model and trim-level I want, and then wait for delivery. Need to get Rita to go for a test drive with me, too. She stayed home with some bad allergy symptoms (tested negative for Covid).

Congrats on the new RV for the lake compound. Looking forward to photos of the setup.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Good morning

My boys are buying my porch flowers for me for Mothers day! So I'm off to the greenhouse.

Then home to make taco dip for for dsgd17th birthday party at 2pm !

Good luck buying the new truck Dave, so Exciting!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Congratulations on the new home away from home Mary.
    • I had to research madrone. Not a tree we see on the east coast.
    • DW and I dined at the new Longhorn Steakhouse in town. When you live in a rural area and get a new restaurant that is a big deal.
    • Give Carrie a hug for me.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Dealer lots are full down here and offering incentives, reckon COVID shortages have gone; reading Comsumers Report Tacoma is now built on Tundra chassis.
    Take special care of Carrie this weekend will be hard on her.
    Glad RV deal worked out, sounds like a great Mother's Day gift.
    Safe travels Moody's, hope you find Florida sunny.
    Cooler but sunny next few days and I'm stuck at home. Motorcycle club is up in North Georgia mountains this is weekend doing mountain runs; Dragons Tail is closed for paving. Hopefully will be able to make Fall rally.
    How's PT going Dennis? As of now doctor not recommending PT for leg and wants me to limit use.
    Neighbor is coming by and walking Pablo daily for us, though DW is starting to move better, fixed breakfast and cleaned up kitchen this morning.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

Need to decide our plans today. We got invited to a steak fry with Mark Mulligan (think Jimmy Buffet) which would be fun or there is a fundraiser for the dog rescue at the restaurant that has the best IPA's in town. Of course they both start at the same time. I vote we start at the dog rescue for a beer and pet some pups then go to the concert. We don't really want the steak anyway and the music doesn't start until 6:30. But parking will be terrible if we wait and it's too far to walk. But we have to go somewhere....housekeepers are coming today since they had yesterday off for mexican mothers day.

It's busy here this weekend. Probably the busiest since spring break. We have neighborhood on both sides which has never happened. Generally there are only 2 other couples on our floor of 10 condos. And one of them went to Phoenix for knee replacement a few weeks ago.

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,548 Member
    Options
    Hey, folks.

Cecilia is leaving for Brazil to deal with banana republic paperwork that the consulate here can't really handle effectively. So, the Springtime of Lou is almost here!