Hump Day Cuppa Joe: 5.15.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    GM~
    • Seems like Groundhog Day! I hate this COR training. The facilitator is so dry and boring! Ugh.
    • Got to speak with friends in GA last night! You look great, Dennis!
    • First HOA meeting went quite well. Lots of action items but hit the ground running as a Board.
    • C'mon, Happy Hour!
    • Wet and chilly again today!

Cheers
    Skip
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,675 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Glad the meeting went well. I'm a big believer in that if a meeting goes over an hour that people's minds tend to start wandering.
    Cable guy is basically on retainer, especially when you pay premium prices for basic service like we do, so no charge to come out and re-suspend the wire. Turns out to have been a "happy accident" (Bob Ross). We are now getting an upgrade to fiber optic and it will decrease our monthly bill by 70 smackers.

BBB OP ;-)
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Still dragging a couple tomato plants in and out of garage. Temps so fluctuating. Yesterday 40s. Today 70s. I'm going to plant them Thursday or Friday regardless.

Sam, I don't plant at lake. The deer consider it a big smorgasbord.

I hope you can get Brandy out and about Dennis. Dh took his HD to work this morning.

I held our spring HOA meeting over the phone, 10 min. and done lol. Landscape company mow charges remain same as 2023. I ordered them to refresh the mulch in garden at pond enterance sign. Fountain is fixed and now installed and working. Bank balance is as should be. Done.

Glad Ron has connected with this retired pt guy! Hope your AZ visit is productive Steph!

We are going to save some money on our cable service too Lee. But by canceling it! Spiked to 180.00 with internet. Nope. Don't watch TV much in summer.

Well, I should get to my office and start my day, fun fun.

Have a good day BBB

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,548 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

The Summer of Lou is here!!

How long did the meeting go, Skip?

Saving money on cable is always a good thing. I'm ready to cancel mine. A friend came over yesterday to watch a basketball game and that was the most we've used cable this year.

That sounds like an aggressive agenda for one day, Steph. Especially if the DMV is involved. Good luck!
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    118 page board packet;
    7 tabbed executive session decisions;
    started at 3p. Done by 5:30!

Our HOA President ran a tight meeting and had pre-loaded most of us with "you make this motion; that motion" etc.

#SummerofLou!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,927 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Spent a couple hours looking at and test-driving Toyota pickups, yesterday. Not ready to make a decision, yet. Must frustrate the sales guys. Tough. It's a lot of money and we'll take out time.

Today, I'm heading out for a hike in the Olympic Mountains. Appropriately, for Wednesday, I will be climbing over the shoulder of Big Hump Mountain, on my way up the Duckabush River.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Up way too early this morning, storms upset security system twice, call at 6:30 that DGD had run away.
    Going to be a long day. Pablo insisted we get up now he is sound asleep in chair with DW. He has training this morning and this afternoon I'm getting right eye lasered, hope he goes over left eye again or has plan on clearing up vision.
    I have fought with ATT till I finally just gave up. They show three different addresses for our house and have phone to one street number, cable to another street number and internet to another. there are plans with discounts by combining but cannot get them to combine since initial installation was input wrong way before we purchased house. There is only one correct street number, the other two do not exist on our street.
    Best to all, safe travels to Steph and Ron
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    edited May 15
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Skip is in training, and I've already taken my first test. Apparently, I do have blood and now we'll see what is in it.
    • It sounds like we should have Mary run all federal meetings and classes.
    • Somehow, I thought you were near Cancun or Cozumel Steph. Puerto Penasco looks interesting and not that far from Phoenix.
    • That was a happy accident, Lee. Good deal. I still need to make a change. My cable company is out of SC and dropped Bally Sports, so I am not getting the Braves games. I am grandfathered into a sweet deal with the cable company and it's going to cost a lot to change.
    • Good talking to you last night Skip.
    • Good luck today Sam.
    • It's the Summer of Lou! Don't get in trouble.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

No DMV visit. DL renewal was handled by our mailbox service and was sent to the couple we housesat for the last 3 summers. We just need to drive to them for a cocktail :).

But yes a pretty big list. If we don't finish and get out of Phoenix by 1pm on Thursday we will just stay another night. Don't want to drive across the border at dark but also don't really want to drive there on the Friday on a long weekend.

I found a hotel that is a 10 minute drive to every store we need to visit and 25 minutes to our friends house. So really that should work fine as long as the stores really have what we need. Plus we have a ton of phone calls to make to banks. The credit unions won't let us unlock our credit from Mexico even with a VPN so we have much banking to deal with.