TGIF Cuppa Joe: 5.17.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    GM~

<<<<SGM!>>>>
    • Yikes! Glad you are not banged up more! Hope you are doing okay today!
    • TGIF! I have the COR test this morning - WHAT a crazy long week! The instructor is horrible!
    • HH with an old neighbor tonight that packed up and the family moved to Finland. He's in town so we are going to connect!
    • Hoping FLA was good to our friends in FLA this week! Woot!
    • Steph, glad Ron found an ExPat back guy to help out. How's he doing this week?
    • TGIF!

Skipper
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,548 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,675 Member
    Options
    TGIF BBB

Rain gear failed me yesterday at dog training. Dogs dinna care.
    Glad you are basically OK, Dave. There are no cords to pull or buttons to push for help out there. Have you looked at used Tacomas? You could probably find one with 150K in good shape and expect to get another 100K.
    Off to play with other peoples pets.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,927 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Having laptop issues, so I am typing this on my phone. Such a hassle.

No big issues from my face plant. I’ll have a band-ade on my forehead for a while.

There is a 2023 Tacoma at the dealership, with 4,000 miles. Got traded in for a 2024. Previous owner must be Skip’s soulmate. New truck every year. Hard to pull the trigger, though. Lots of money for an old retired guy.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    For a TRD model (my dad has one) - you can expect around $40-$43k..... Hope you find what you like!

Ive not suffered new car fever for a few months :wink:
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Honda dealer offering me retail price for my '20 CR-V to trade for '24.
    • I'm hoping to play with a new Harley next week.
    • I'm off to Athens for a haircut and Costco run.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Right eye lasered and clear, will check left again in 3 months.
    Cloudy and sprinkling today.
    Against DW protest front yard cut, going to take Pablo around block when we get a break in drizzle
    Knee recheck Monday.
    They are advertising rebates on 2024 Tacoma's in SE which nearly halfway makes up for increase from 2023
    Mary, the Lake is calling!

• DavidKuhnsSr
    Options
    The 2023 Tacoma TRD Off Road I have looked at, is loaded, with all the extras - not stuff I really need, but very cool. They are asking $46K. I'm thinking offer them $40K then see where they'll go. Not really my strong suit. I am not a horse trader.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Morning gang

Happy hour then dinner out with the expat crowd. Dinner place was kitchy fun. But the food was only OK. They don't have a liquor license so you order "spicy lemonade" and your tequila or mezcal shot come out as a "gift from the chef" you tip accordingly. Mexico is weird.

Today we are volunteering with some others from our condo. Not sure exactly what but repackaging donated medicine for undeserved patients I think.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    SGM - the Tacoma's look tough with the blacked out beadlock rims/wheels.

Good luck......

Be sure to ask for Veteran's rebates - most will give you $500-750
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Yeap, Sam is correct. The lake is calling, eta 6:30pm. Next Friday at this time the new to us rv will be in our possession. Tom has lots of moving and prep work to do tomorrow.

Weather is perfect 77F now. 80s Sat and Sun and sunny all weekend. Hope to get chores done and motor the pontoon off the shoreline for a first ride of the summer.

Glad your okay Dave! Buy the truck. Your Mom would want you to have it! Like they say, you can't take it with ya!

Good luck with the dogs Lee!

Skip, You'll have the best show signage!

TGIF!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    Options
    This is the one I'm looking at. yijxwxg33kon.jpg
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    Options
    That's a BAT!
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    I LOVE THIS! LOVE THE COLOR COMBO and BLACK Wheel contrast!

You deserve this truck, SGM!