Sunday Cup of Joe ~ 5/19/24

Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,678 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,678 Member
    edited May 19
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Yes, this veterinarian tries to help out disadvantaged clients (physical/finacial/mental) or anxious/debilitated patients when he can. Yesterday it was a multi dog home with a wacky widow of a recently deceased buddy. Today more of the same. Too many friends and clients are starting to pass away.
    Our wee black panther LOVES no mow May. The tall grass hides her when she is stalking her prey. We are seeing wildflowers that we didn't even know we had because regular mowing prevented their flowering.
    Great to hear Pablo's primary dog walker is getting more mobile.
    Hopefully the dealership will make you a fair deal on that BAT, Dave. My DS#1 would love a Tacoma when he gets back stateside in the fall, but he is getting a really good deal on 4x4/offroad, 4 door 2024 Ford Maverick through a military vehicle market. Easily $20K less than a new Tacoma.
    DW bought a new couch for the sitting room. Old one was 22 yrs old and not good enough quality to refurbish. She insists that she can help me get it out of the house before new one arrives. :#

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,929 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

As I said, you’re a good man, Doc Lee.

Took the grandkids to Armed Forces Day yesterday. They had a great time.

Church this morning, then we’ll see what the day brings.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,003 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • Seeing lots of over populated rescues in our area; not sure why the surge. Wish we could take on another pup - but Tucker is more than a handful and monthly investment too.
    • Concert (Leanne Morgan) was funny last night. Hated the drive to B'More, but home by 11p.
    • HH with a friend to watch Nascar All-Star race today (formerly known as IROC).
    • Not looking forward to catching up at work tomorrow. Gonna be a busy week!

fk6c0h1wdqvm.jpeg
    l5ckrsk8ylrn.jpeg

Cheers
    Skipper
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Cloudy this morning,
    Heading out to be churched and schooled,
    Hope all have a wonderful day.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,549 Member
    edited May 19
    Options
    Good morning.

If it's the same engine in the Maverick as the Bronco Sport, he may decide to pass, Lee. If they haven't killed off internal combustion by then, my next car will likely be a Ranger.

Armed Forces Day sounds good, Dave. You going to have them pull weeds today?

Just the size of that beer can makes me want to pee, Skip. Shelters here are packed to the gills. Lots of the larger pit mix dogs and Austin is no kill.

Hot yesterday and hot again today. Hotter tomorrow. I'm sensing a pattern.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Morning gang

Our landlords reached out yesterday wanting to know if we are wanting to extend past September. Yikes I didn't want to decide this yet. We really like it here but there are other places too.

Our answer was we plan to leave as scheduled in mid September but would be interested for 6 more months starting November 1. That way we can do some traveling in fall but be back in Mexico for winter. I'm sure they are just trying to plan their vacations.

My grandma had her 90th birthday party yesterday in South Dakota. Sad I missed it but just not 8n the cards. My immediate family all went and rented a big house. I think most everyone else in family was there too.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    edited May 19
    Options
    Good Sunday morning BBB Friends.
    • Like my friend Sam, I've been churched and schooled. I ran the livestream cameras at the traditional service.
    • My first thought was, dang, that is a roomy Corvette.
    • The Braves were playing on a tv station I get last night but were rained out. :'(
    • What should I do with the rest of my day?
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Got a LOT done for the move into our new to us RV next Friday. Now dh just needs to move the existing rv next door and we're heading back home shortly. Way more work to move out and back in even for rvs next door to eachother!

Hope you all have a good day!