What do we know about Community posts

Options
klt052194
klt052194 Posts: 60 Member
A friend wrote,: QUESTION: A person I know on the community (not one of my official friends here) said she added something to her activity feed. I click on her profile and did not see it. What I did see was that I could add a photo and post to her feed even tho we are not friends. So either public or private. Seems like a super place for spam to get loaded onto if you are public? How are we going to monitor these things? At least with the newsfeed only your friends could post to your profile if you set it that way. I know we have a lot of trolls visiting the site. I am NOT looking forward to when they figure out they can send trash to anyone who is public. 😳😳😕"
So do I understand correctly, anyone in the community can go to our profiles and change them??? Yikes!

Replies

• AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I know I tried to post a picture to a friend's page before, and it just posted it to my own page. Even though the option is there, I don't think pictures have ever actually worked except to post to the newsfeed/your own page. Also, yes I would assume that person's profile is set to public. I have mine set so only my friends can see me. Unfortunately, without the Newsfeed, the Community posts are open to the public as well, which makes me feel a lot less comfortable talking about my health struggles.