thyroid problems a constant battle to lose weight

I have had Hypothyroidism since I was 9 years old; I am now 28. The amount of medication I am on is basically replacing my thyroid. I have been struggling to lose weight for ever. I exercise 5-6 days a week and can lift/run faster than most, I am just fat. I have talked to my doctor about maybe doing a pill because I need some help but she refuses. any suggestions of things that have helped you lose weight?

Replies

• jenimac69
    jenimac69 Posts: 1 Member
    im struggling as well. been two years since my thyroidectomy. had to get all my levels plus individual hormones as well as individual vitamins and minerals checked to make sure everything is aligned
  • techyrn808
    techyrn808 Posts: 21 Member
    If your doctor won't work with you....find a doctor that will. It is important to understand WHY they will not support your requests and then argue your point. Do your research and always self Advocate.
  • JaspreetDhillon7291
    JaspreetDhillon7291 Posts: 3 Member
    Me too, and I feel constipated and bloated and told my doctors and even the nutritionist did not help… and also guys its stress too. My periods been irregular and if not stressing the periods come on time.