Saturday Cup of Joe - 6/1/24

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • First night on the Sleep Number bed. May need to soften it up a bit.
    • Workday at church today.
    • Safe travels Lee.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Dogs at kennel last night, taking cat to kitty hotel and then dropping by dump with trash and recyclables on the way out of town.
    Flight out of JFK this afternoon.
    I set my side at 45 psi, Dennis.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • Long day at tourney yesterday. I may leave to go home after the "social event" today (instead of tomorrow). I believe the winner will be this 125# sword:

ta9xxpwgoh1r.jpeg

• Safe trip, Doc/Mary!
    • How'd you like the Sleep #, Dennis?
    • <<Lou>>
    • SGM - your pictures from the last hike were (as usual) spectacular!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Wonderful, warm sunny day, yesterday. Now we pay for it with three days of rain. DGS will have a soggy soccer game this afternoon. We are flying down to Las Vegas in nine days. The forecast for there is for temps around 104, the whole time we are in town. I can't wait.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Started out day 59 mid 80's this afternoon. Chance of rain tomorrow as temps climb each day next week.
    Sorry you are not feeling good Lou, have you tried the sweaty Italian, I believe recipe has been posted several times; hear if you don't feel better you will not care.
    Enjoy Lake Mary with just the two of you, sounds like work.
    Damp soccer games, remember them well when kids were playing hated frozen and frost covered ground more, soccer ended a couple months ago here. It's baseball, t-ball and softball now.
    Safe travels Lee and Mary.
    Tucker is calling Skip.
    Kelly is pool warm now, and do you have time to enjoy?
    Steph, envious of your and Ron's lifestyle but believe I would get board.
    Bout to decide we need a trip to beach but have to get knee healed plus shoulder and arm fixed first.
    Dennis, ever notice how few show-up for workday?
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning gang

It's Ley Seca this weekend. Which means dry weekend for the presidential election. Mexico will have a woman president by Monday.

No alcohol can be sold at all ( stores, restaurants or bars) and not publicly consumed all day today and tomorrow. My FB groups are going crazy. Many vacationers want refunds.

Today we are going to a fashion show. One part if it is a contest. The store hosting the event gave black dresses to 6 local artists for them to decorate. They will be auctioned off for charity. I can't wait to see them.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

So on the weekend where Mexico cements the same disastrous policies they've been following with another not free or fair election, the people can't even tie one on to drown their sorrows? That stinks.

Speaking of people that can't tie one on, my last Saturday in the Summer of Lou has me sitting here trying not to cough and running laundry. I'll probably get the floors swept and mopped as well in preparation for her return on Thursday. This hasn't exactly been the fiesta I thought it would be.