June Week 1 Group Challenge - Treat Yourself Well Challenge

Options
jessicakrall8
jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,245 Member
edited June 9 in Social Groups
9x0mrr12qec2.png

While researching for this week's challenge, I found what I consider a unique 7-day challenge and thought we'd try it this week. Requires a little bit of creativity on your part, but I think this group can handle it. Face it, you guys come up with some of the BEST ideas! By the way, they start their week on Monday, so please start on Sunday and run through Saturday (Sun is at the bottom of the list).

This challenge gives you a theme for each day and then offers 2-3 suggestions, BUT here's where you use your creativity...staying within the theme for the day, use your imagination and tailor the daily items toward your own nutritional, physical, fitness needs. I just ask that you post daily and give a good description of what you did for the day and then as always, share with the team how it worked or how you might do it differently the next time and improve upon your results.

If you approach it with that in mind, I think you'll be able to touch on ALL AREAS of your health journey and it should make for an AWESOME week.

g998z7xh1f7h.png

I cannot wait to see what we all come up with. This should make for a great discussion this week. As always, if you come across tips/tricks that help the team, please share!!! Whatever you do, TREAT YOURSELF WELL!

Enjoy your week! See you in the chat thread!
Jessica

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    8xdw8f8xugmd.png
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I'm sipping hot water and had a bath earlier and have enjoyed some wine, so I'm totally in the zone for this one 😄
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Sunday
    Treat Yourself

• Croissant for Breakfast
    • Cycle in the Rain
    • Clear some Clutter

We've got frozen croissants, which are really good, so I'll pop a couple in the oven and enjoy that baking smell 🤤

I was supposed to meet a friend but she's not feeling well. She said she sounds like these guys 😅 So, as it's expected to rain today, I'll enjoy a soggy cycle without many people around. It's a strange 'treat' but it feels really good. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Erkv1-_xR7U&pp=ygUVbWlzdHkgbW91bnRhaW5zIGJhc3Mg

Keeping with the Cs (a coincidence), I'll clear some clutter from my 'to sort' pile.

I'll report back later whether I did these things or not.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @BodyTalking That was the absolutely most interesting video/song I've seen in a while...was expecting a Game of Thrones scene or something...what a low note he ended on...WOW! OK, now how did you find this and I sense a story here...spill it sister!
    Jessica
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    🌟Sunday🌟
    🟢Set tone for week by going through personal and work calendars. From this set up my daily “to-do” for each day this week to include exercise and tasks that will contribute to my wellness goals.
    🟢Prepped breakfast, lunch and snacks for work week and planned out dinners.
    🟢Sunday morning is usually the only morning I have a hot drink. Today sipped on reishi mushroom cacao mix as I watched the hummingbirds flutter and sip from the feeders.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,943 Member
    Options
    Sunday

Treat Yourself: Had a cup of coffee on the back deck, enjoying the sunshine and fresh air. A rest from the otherwise busy day. I needed to relax for a bit - worked in the garden all AM. It was lovely!
  • jessicakrall8
    edited June 2
    Options
    Sunday

I did some cleaning today, some laundry and got those chores out of the way! I walked three times today and also gave myself a mani/pedi! Finished a book I'd been working on and started the next in the series. Took a short nap! Played with Betty (cat), as always! A very nice day!
    Jessica
  • MLL0319
    MLL0319 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sunday. I went to lunch with my daughter
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options
    Sunday: after working in the yard for several hours I relaxed with a glass 🍷 of peach Moscato and a bowl of strawberries 🍓.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Sunday

Sundays are my day that I don't set an alarm! What a treat that is in of itself! Plus I was able to plan my day so I could fit in a serving of Halo Top Ice Cream. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup is my favorite!
  • Lyss983
    Lyss983 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Weekends mean I get some decent time to relax and play video games, so I've done just that. Also some pre-Monday "Eat Well and Nourish" pre-work. Sundays, I effectively treat future me by getting a bunch of stuff done. Not as relaxing, but future me will appreciate it! :smiley:
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Sunday - No ice cream, no wine, no baked treat.
    Instead, I got baked, played games on my laptop, and ate like 40 strawberries from my garden.🍓They were so sweet and juicy, it was hard to stop. I kept saying "Just one more"....and they're a healthy snack. It's what I do to treat myself...hehehe. :)
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    1cxlv5gshgyd.jpg

Treat yourself Sunday
    I had a few spoons of ice cream with a peach
    No wine or baked treats.

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,305 Member
    Options
    Sunday: Treat Yourself
    We went out to breakfast, and for lunch, which is always our Sunday "treat". We spent the day bird watching and walking in local preserves: Pickering Ponds, Willand Pond, and Wagon Hill Farm.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Lay for an hour and relaxed on our new sun lounger in the garden pure bliss something I never do.
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    🌟Sunday🌟
    Treat Yourself!

Started with Monday yesterday but here’s Sunday. Guess I’m the only one who can’t follow directions🤣

No Ice Cream, no wine, no baked treat. I did make a new salad. Arugula and spinach with watermelon, feta and walnuts😋

ir8yzizkpzke.jpeg
  • BodyTalking
    edited June 3
    Options
    Sunday
    Treat Yourself
    • Croissant for Breakfast
    • Cycle in the Rain
    • Clear some Clutter
    ....I didn't go out for a cycle because the weather was torrential and there were several thunder and lightning storms throughout the day. In Bavaria and Bohemia, there were bad floods where dams and riverbanks broke. Prague isn't near that but it is close enough to be concerned if the rain continues.

Monday
    Eat Well & Nourish

• jogurt & muesli for breakfast
    • a light lunch (to be decided)
    • dinner (to be decided)

Because I didn't go out yesterday, there's not much food in, so I'll go shopping later and will intentionally buy healthier options.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,706 Member
    Options
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    🌟Sunday🌟
    Treat Yourself!

Started with Monday yesterday but here’s Sunday. Guess I’m the only one who can’t follow directions🤣

No Ice Cream, no wine, no baked treat. I did make a new salad. Arugula and spinach with watermelon, feta and walnuts😋

ir8yzizkpzke.jpeg

That salad looks delicious! I CAN follow directions, I just didn't want to because I do my meal prep on Sunday. 🙃
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Treat Yourself
    I went to breakfast with my future daughter-in-law - my youngest son and she was in town for my daughter-in-laws baby shower yesterday
    I had a multi-grain pancake with eggs - obviously not gluten free and I had a couple of desserts yesterday at the shower-also not gluten free - oh well - I'm paying for it today....
This discussion has been closed.