TGIF Cuppa Joe: 6.7.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~
    • Slept in a bit today. LONG weekend ahead.
    • PT was brutal yesterday! Truly feeling it today. Ugh.
    • Off to see a Journey Cover Band tonight (one of our neighbors is the guitarist). Outdoor venue about an hour drive away. Perfect night to take DW and top down on Vette.
    • Made appt yesterday to visit new property in Wilmington for tour in a few weeks. DW and I will drive down to start the "what's next" chapter. Its similar to the community we live in now.
    • Kelly, did you make a decision on keep or sell?
    • New recliner sofa looks might comfy!
    • Hope those ribs were tasty, SGM!
    • Hope all have a great weekend.

~Skipper
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

The ribs and fixings were good. Conversation over coffee was even better.

Trying to get into the gym at grandkids' elementary school, to watch the talent show, this morning. Last year they had two shows, and both were crowded. This year there is just one, so it will probably be packed. After that. we'll do something outdoors, to enjoy the warm sunny weather.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Closing on my parents' house in an hour. 🙏
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • I take it that is a bitter-sweet moment Lou. It will be good to get that behind you.
    • DWs Dr. appt. went well yesterday. She has some scar tissue from surgery that always looks suspicious on the mammogram. Fortunately, she has a great Dr. who is aware and knows what to look for.
    • Yep, the new recliner is working out well.
    • Motorbike trip to Dublin, GA today to find some good Cajun food. A placed called Company Supply.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB

Skip we are all set up and moved into new RV and the old one will soon be piped up to the septic on the lot we bought next door, as our guest house!

Lee, your dgs is adorable, aren't they a blast! Have fun "at the pool!"

We are heading out today after work, away for 2 nights, 3.5 hour drives north along the shores of Lake Michigan to the tourist Door County area of Wisconsin. We are staying in a 1887 built log cabin in Baileys Harbor. www.gustivesgetaway.com
    Our purpose is to accompany dh's sister, so to spread her dh's ashes. They vacationed in this area often.

I saw the real Journey band in concert many times over the years. Classic rocker girl here.
    Enjoy the date night and cover band, Skip.

Happy house closing Lou.

Great news with dw's annual check, Dennis! Glad your able to ride the HD again!

Sam... My potted tomatoes and peppers are coming along. But Now we need some warmer temps!

Good to hear Ron is doing so much better Steph!

Kelly, any fishing with Mom plans?

Enjoy the gkids show Dave! I'm sure they'll shine!

School is out today for summer here!

• steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the house closing...wishing you a smooth sailing day.

Going to head down and knock a few pickle balls around. We don't really play a game, just work on accuracy and serving. Then we play with our left hand for a bit. Ron's PT recommended it.

Then Spanish class. The housekeepers come this afternoon too so I'll take our tablets and we'll just go to the clubhouse and read afterwards. They have to polish the balcony rails this week so are here longer.

Our electric bill posted today. $1050 pesos for 2 months. About $60.

Skip the penthouse is still for sale here. It's lovely but way overpriced IMO. https://puertaprivadasales.com/Re_Sales/W1101
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Took DW to doctor this morning, while she was there me and Pablo walked surrounding properties; allowing knee to rest now.
    No plans for weekend other than church Sunday.
    Hope closing went well Lou.
    Enjoy get away Mary, even though purpose of trip is not joyful.
    Safe riding Dennis and Bill, good news on Kris.
    Convertible ride on summer night always fun even if it does call for air conditioning with top down. Have done heat in winter with top down and quilt.
    Know DGK's did great.
    Our schools were out Friday before Memorial Day of course they start back first part of August, back in day we started day after Labor Day and finished Friday before Memorial Day, but we did not have fall, winter and spring breaks.