Tuesday Cup of Joe - 6/11/2024

Options
louisstone
louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I like fishing with an empty hook and a six pack of beer. If you do that right, it makes for a very enjoyable day on the lake and no extra work when you get home.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    GM~
    • I agree with #Lou!
    • Long drive yesterday. Now off to tourney.

Cheers,
    skip
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I wish I was better at fishing, love meals of fresh fish.
    Need to take Pablo for walk before it gets too hot,
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • So far, we have a consensus on the correct way to fish.
    • Brandy and I are headed to Augusta today for her 1K / break-in service.
    • I'm sure all your patients are glad to have you home Lee.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Smooth trip, yesterday. No hassles, despite the crowds. Our suite is palatial. Living, dining, kitchen and separate bedroom, with a whole wall window looking down the strip and right over the Bellagio Fountain at the Sphere. Swankiest room this old soldier ever had. Looking at 112 degrees, today. Our outdoor time will be brief.

I like catching fish. Cleaning them is a drag but doesn't take that long. The limit in Washington is five fish, so I never have as much to do as some of our Midwest anglers.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    View from our room.
    v1sat5pczb15.jpeg
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

We survived nicely without power. The breeze on that balcony was lovely so we hung out there most of the day. I did have to heat my coffee in the camp stove as Ron brewed it at 4am when they originally said power would be out.

Today is yoga and then Mexican train/dominos this afternoon.

Dad and SM went to her sons wedding in North Dakota this weekend. The 5yo nieces were the flower girls. Absolutely adorable.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    We kept 12 bass and 2 bluegill. Mom was thrilled. I love to catch fish and drink beer. Not so much in the cleaning part either. I do supply all the worms.

Gorgeous day in Indiana. We’ve had spring weather all weekend and into early this week. By the weekend it’s to be HOT AND HUMID.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    You (*and Rita) deserve it, Old SGM! Enjoy the spectacular view and stay!

Today was hotter'n *kitten* in NC! 416# Marlin took 3rd place. 4th place #414 Marlin. Difference? 4th place = $0. 3rd Place = $600k payout! Insane to think 2# cost that boat/crew $600,000! Just when you think your day was bad......
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Hi BBB

We are at ds2s tonight. Dh is helping him erect a swing set in the yard the others grands bought. Not surprising their assy help is not included.

I may do some fishing this next weekend. I must renew my license. All online and so simple to renew thesevdays. $20

Have a good evening all