Thursday Cuppa Joe: 6.13.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~

Decided to drive home last night (back is killing me today)!
    Lots of chores to catch up and hoping to find some pool time later.
    Community HOA meeting tonight - installing committees per our Charter/By-Laws. Gonna be a long meeting.
    Hope you and Rita are having a great time, SGM!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Happy (belated) anniversary, Dave!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Not much on tap here today. Need to vote for a County Commissioner in a runoff race and I have a meeting tonight.
    • Tomorrow will be a big day. Riding the motorbikes to Camden, SC to meet some friends riding from Wilmington, NC for lunch.
    • Stay out of trouble Dave.
    • Have a great day BBB.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Yesterday didn't go as well as we hoped. No show, we both came out on the wrong end of our gambling efforts, we got locked out of our room for an annoying 45 minutes (the housekeeper somehow knocked the security bar over on her way out, Maintenance fixed it using a long screwdriver and a shoelace - like breaking into a car), our Mexican supper wasn't very good, and I scratched my elbow and it wouldn't stop bleeding for a half hour. But we still had plenty of laughs. We seem closer on trips like this. At home, we fall into our individual routines. Here we do everything arm-in-arm. It's fun. We did log in 23,000 steps (7.3 miles) yesterday, so that was good, too.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Started out day with Emmaus group,
    Will have to drive DW to PT then to early vote, me and DMIL voted yesterday.
    Sorry all is not going smoothly Dave, but togetherness is important even after many years of marriage.
    Skip, I believe if you would slow down and not push yourself so much the back may have time to heal.
    Sounds like a BMW gathering.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

Vacation mishaps make the best memories.

AC is back on. Today predicted to be 98. That's apparently rare this early in the summer.

Have a great day all.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Dave, those things really do make the best memories. Gary and I can always laugh at them later!! Very frustrating while it’s happening though.

Busy weekend with different friend groups going out. Should be fun.