Hump Day Cup of Joe (and Juneteenth) ~ 6/19/24

Options
manladdvm
manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Just found out a beloved and still practicing veterinarian in a very rural town in our area just passed at 91. Really, really good guy. Korean war veteran. He will be missed.
    I guess a lotta people are getting Juneteenth off. My schedule is whack today.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G’Morning

Doc, sorry to hear about your friend.
    Another hot and steamy one in store today.
    Pool time and lunch are the priorities today.
    Great time at local brewery playing trivia last night.
    Stay cool everyone.

sz5optxcf21j.jpeg

Skipper
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    edited June 19
    Options
    Good morning.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Lee. At 91, I'm sure he had some amazing stories to tell.

We don't have the day off. The guys at the synagogue wanted to do an 830 start this morning like we do on other Federal holidays, but there were too many of us that had regular days today. Can't exactly put Juneteenth under the Mondays Act.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • We had a good HOA meeting yesterday.
    • Today I have a trip to Costo in the works.
    • Life is full.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Great hike, yesterday. I met three mature gentlemen on the trail. One of them was 80. He said on his 80th birthday he took an 18-mile hike. "That's my goal," I said. "To still be doing this when I am 80."

65m34ujsvs32.jpeg

Have the grandkids for the next few days. Grandson wants to learn to play golf, so I got down the set of kids clubs we have from when their dad was small. Maybe we'll take them to the driving range to see if they can wack a few. I haven't swung a club in 15 years, but I used to be pretty good - a six handicap at one time.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    SPECTACULAR photo, SGM!

BE CAREFUL of your own back!
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Love your hikes Dave. You live in a beautiful spot.

Headed to the gym now , then Spanish class and Ron's PT appointment. It takes vacation in July for several weeks and Ron is already stressing.

We won a GC to the only brewery in town at a silent auction. Maybe we will go use ot today.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Sorry about friend Lee,
    Great picture Dave
    Other than bank and post office would not know it was Juneteenth around here.
    Had to take DMIL to doctor this morning for an appointment where they cut her toenails and scheduled to do again in September; this is a real rip off of Medicare. Before she moved to Madison House either me, DS or DD would cut her nails and we did not get paid.
    It is way too hot for anything outside in my opinion, at least there is a slight breeze.
    We need rain, reckon sprinkler will have to do, getting brown spots in lawn and garden wilted.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your friend Lee
    Hotter than hot. Gee whiz.