Sunday Cup of Joe - 6/23/24

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
― Mark Twain

Replies

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Whew. Whatta week. Hot and busy.
    So what does it mean when a young lady comes in with her husband and sweet but timid rescue dog and they are both doctors and she worked for the practice as a receptionist/kennel help back in the mid 2000's, and she gives you rhubarb from her garden?
    1) you are getting old
    2) score! I love rhubarb.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Go with it, Doc.

I’ve never developed a taste for rhubarb.

Packing up and headed home. Long drive ahead.

Back not feeling so great. Need me own bed.

Cheers
    Skipper
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    She appreciated your and Mary's kindness and guidance back in the day or wanted you to see she succeeded in spite of you; I'll choose the former.
    Took Pablo for 2.5 mile walk this morning, breakfast, shower, about to put lunch on and then heading out to get churched.
    Hope rain stopped in Wisconsin, lake not much fun with pouring rain.
    Continues HOT and HUMID.
    Pablo knows he is to sleep in crate, he is bad enough trying to push us off furniture when we are up.
    DD and DSIL coming today to change out some faucets and cutoffs. Great to have kids willing to help us old folks.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

We went out to meet the "youths" from the office at a bar last night to watch the A&M v Tennessee baseball game. Unfortunately, the meteor didn't come and somebody won. I doubled my entire beer intake for the year so far by having a pint last night.

We went to an Italian place nearby for dinner afterwards, but the beer sat very heavy. Good thing the portions were overpriced and small, I guess. 🤔
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Lee, I hear from young soldiers who worked for me when I was an old soldier. They post photos of their grandchildren. One young guy who used to babysit our son, now has a doctorate and is a professor of archeology. Time does pass.

The new Slip 'N Slide arrived last night. Unfortunately, so did a push of cool marine air. It will be cloudy and mid-60s today. I told the grandkids they can come over the first hot day we get.

Sassy stays off of furniture except for the two leather recliners where Rita and I watch TV. But our pooch spends time on our bed every night. She "kisses" Rita goodnight, then cuddles between us while I read. When I put aside my book and turn out my light, Sassy hops off and curls up in her own bed. That's the routine every night.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning BBB Friends.
    • I've been churched and schooled. Training a new volunteer on our livestreaming process.
    • How is it a vegetable can be old-fashioned? 🤷‍♂️
    • Brandy got washed and waxed for the first time yesterday. A lot more bending than I am used to. I'm feeling it today. Sore muscles but not hurting so that is a good thing.
    • The Aggies did well last night. Always good to win game 1.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning gang.

It rained here for almost 20 minutes yesterday. Most rain we have seen since we arrived. Then co tinued cloudy all day, which was nice since we went to an outdoor birthday party. Would have been hot on the patio without a sun shade. They had a brick oven so we had pizza.

Today is our relaxing day. We have nothing on the calendar at all.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Sighhhh. 7pm and we're just now heading out on 2.5 hr drive back home.

And guess what its doing right now. Raining! Again!0 after a dry sunday til now.

We did get in all the work we needed to do today between 9am and now, since yesterday was a complete washout!
    Snuck in a boat ride too his afternoon for our friends nd their 3 grandkids so they were happy... And now the boat is running like *kitten*. Always something here. Starts being all work and no play we're putting the for sale up and triple our money lol. Prices are way high, & inventory by the lake is low.... ching ching.

5th Saturday in a row up at the lake, we had rain. Its getting really old. 4.5 inches in rain gauge this weekend.

My brother is coming up next weekend to stay in guest camper, so we had to get that all set up and cleaned good...

Hope next weekend, dare I say it...dry!!!!!!