Monday Cuppa Joe: 6.24.24

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....keep looking up! That's the secret of life." ~Snoopy 🐾🐾🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    GM~
    • Sorry to hear about the boat problems, Mary!
    • The Wagoneer had a boulder incident in PA and now I have road rash wheel! Ugh! Calling "the wheel guy" today! 🤬
    • Hoping for some pool time this afternoon followed by a B&F CTTE meeting for HOA tonight.
    • 'Twas good to be back in me own bed.
    Cheers,
    Skip
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Was up early for Pablo's walk before it got too hot, about 1/2 mile in started lighting and thunder, headed home and only got damp; still sprinkling now expect upper 90's this week.
    Mary got camper ready for brother then will have to clean again and get ready for next; recommend setting up rules each person must clean up after self, linens must be put on self then removed and put in box in truck. On Sunday afternoon everyone helps shutdown, clean and pack before anyone leaves. When we had lake house had sign up telling guest they were expected to wash bedding, towels and put back; also sweep their room and bath and take trash out. Come to think about it we did not have as many inviting themselves after that. We spent week getting all toys gassed up and running by end of weekend all were empty and half not running properly; more work than enjoyment.
    It's like pool, folks would come over then want to borrow swimsuits and towels then know what we had to eat and drink; leaving towels and wet suits on floor.
    Just remember no good deed goes unpunished.
    Sorry about wheel Skip, at least no one was injured.
    Read article about horrors of HOA's and how they can tear a community apart. Realtors should be required to give bylaws to prospective buyers before drafting contracts.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Its not Raining! So were off to a good start.

I broke a branch off a tomato plant fussing with it. Had a few flowers on it too.

I still have my granddog Maddie. Til Wed and she's been a very good girl. I think she's happy to be the center of attention again for a while. Of course she's in bed with us. She could use a bath. Doodle have a high maintenance coat.

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Should be a quiet, pleasant day, in Tumwater. Grandkids went home yesterday. High of 72 and partly cloudy, today.

State law requires buyers to be given all HOA rules. Our problem is that people sign the rules, then want to ignore them. Our neighborhood doesn't hire a management company, it's an all-volunteer board. Enforcement is almost nonexistent. We wanted CCRs to maintain appearances and behavior, but don't get the benefits because a few residents ignore the rules.

If we borrowed someone's vacation home, we'd spend all our time cleaning up, fearful of leaving a mess. Heck, we clean up in hotel rooms. Just our nature, I guess.

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Breakfast with the ROMEOs.
    • There are certain people who don't believe the rules apply to them.
    • College World Series goes to decisive game 3 tonight.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning bbb

Had a truly lazy day yesterday including a nap. Ron has massage at noon then a trip to the supermarket for fresh fruit and veggies this afternoon.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    My PA massage was a bust. The place was nice but they were more interested in selling me Essential Oils then concentrating on helping to relieve the back tension from the 4 hour drive. Hmmpphhhhh

#MeToo! We always strip beds and towels and clean the restroom when staying with friends/family. I appreciate that others do the same. We are even bold enough to say the night before their departure to please strip the bed and place linens/towels/trash at the doorway. Its not alot of effort but surely appreciated.

skipper
  • mcee1
    Options
    For lake guests using our guest glamper:
    I am asking that they each bring their own bath and beach towels, pillows, and queen sheets and sleeping bag or blanket. I will have them put their fitted sheet over the cover thats already there over the queen bed. And remove all their garbage. Leave the glamper how you found it.....

We will see how it works out.

I expect my ds2 ddil and their 2 kids and Maddie dog to mostly use the "guest " glamper. Maybe a few visits by others, when they aren't there in it.

My brother is coming with us this next weekend and staying in it...

Im praying it doesn't rain!
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.

My basement guest makes the bed. I’m like WTH I’m going to wash those sheets. Oh well.

The newlyweds put in an offer on a house. Owner came back wanting 10k more. He’s thinking on it but DID ask for a copy of the HOA laws. Not too many in this subdivision.

Ds1 and his gf got an offer accepted on their first house together. Looks like we might be going to Wisconsin at the end of the month to help them move. Hopefully not though. I abhore moving.
  • mcee1
    Options
    Where'd ds1 buy Kelly?