Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

fitbit suddenly overreporting exercise to mfp?

elithea175
elithea175 Posts: 36 Member
ever since fitbit got trashed i’ve been relying on mfp to track my eating. this week suddenly i’m getting hundreds of extra exercise point adjustments on mfp from fitbit when i’m actually doing less than usual! (i’ve been in a slump.) this is sending my calorie goal to as much as 2400+, when my base is 1607 and my usual goal is around 1800. what gives? is anybody else experiencing this? now i can’t rely on either one.

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,057 Member
    absolutely! It already added 800 cals this morning and I have barely been awake. I manually deleted them. I started noticing this a few days ago. 😣😳😣
  • elithea175
    tceecji5ornq.png

this is just nuts!
  • elithea175
    I manually deleted them.

but then how do you know what your actual goal is?

• CognacLynn
    CognacLynn Posts: 1 Member
    I've had something similar happening with my Fitbit calorie adjustments this week. It has drastically changed how it calculates my Daily Goal based on my the activity recorded by Fitbit. I regularly do my workouts in the morning, and it now overstates my calorie adjustment by a large amount after I'm done. It seems like it's now assuming I'll be keeping that level of exertion throughout the rest of the day.

I imagine that this is probably caused by one of two possibilities. Either MFP made a modification to the way they calculate the adjustments after they receive data from Fitbit, or Fitbit changed how the format of how they pass the data to MFP. I'm going to look for a similar forum for Fitbit to ask them about this error, and see which side can find the issue first.
  • elithea175
    CognacLynn wrote: »
    It seems like it's now assuming I'll be keeping that level of exertion throughout the rest of the day..

well, mine is adding hundreds, sometimes thousands of exercise points before i’ve even gotten up! and every time i manually delete the bogus fitbit adjustment it just puts it right back in. this renders both services useless to me.

good luck finding someone who speaks at google.
  • elithea175
    wa9izr40m38x.png

this is getting ridiculous. there’s no point in even using either of them anymore!
  • elithea175
    junb7knn20oi.png

mfp responded by sending me here. since it’s over a week old, i guess we can expect fitbit is out of the picture now.
  • Tom59750624
    Tom59750624 Posts: 6 Member
    Having the same issue, thanks for the update. I sent MFP a query this morning before seeing this thread. Hope they figure it out, pretty useless the way it is.
  • SummerSkier
    I don’t remember fitbit and MFP ever having a problem like this lasting over a week but hey things change hands. When google updated to delete the web dashboard all of a sudden my Fitbit reset my stride length to 0 so I got zero mileage. Even when running. Hahaha. Such strange updates where the people running the software don’t use the device Obviously
  • elithea175
    pretty useless the way it is.

completely useless now, both of them. i have no clue what i’m going to do now.

• SummerSkier
    I think it might be fixed or at least partially. Yesterday was the first day I did not start out with inflated calories in the morning and the burn seems almost back to normal. And today again no 800 exercise cals added in the morning..... fingers crossed. Interested to know if it was a google or an MFP error.