Roll Call - Wednesday, October 9, 2024

shenry111
shenry111 Posts: 4,306 Member
Good morning!

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,306 Member
    Good morning!

My weight this morning was 168.7, which ties the lowest I have been since ??

I am driving Connie to PT this morning. I will spend most of the time that she is there walking.

Not much else to report today.

Have a great day!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    Mornin' gents.

We may have to walk away from Doolittle Rd, sellers are being really stupid about how to set up payment for septic repair and radon evacuation system. We asked for an escrow with 150% of estimates and we would pay them back the unused monies once everything was done and paid for. Not sure why this is a problem for the seller. Originally, they wanted to write checks for the amount on the estimate, and now they came back and said they would put the $$ in escrow for the just the amount of the estimates, and we would have to pay our realtor's fee. How is that a better option? I told M we should walk away. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
    Yeah, I think I would get a bit snarky about a recommended bathroom remodel at this point too, Bill.
    Prayers for Connie.
    Yo, Tin Man, have you tried a little oil for that shoulder? Sorry the recovery is giving you fits, Sam.

Onward and downward ;-)

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning gentlemen.

Rita has a neurology appointment midday, trying to come to some understanding of why she is having frequent migraines. Then we need to shop for a new laptop for her. Her current one seems to have a bad battery, and they have made it hard to replace them - like cell phones. She doesn't need much capacity and smaller and lighter are features we look for.

Yesterday I weighed in right at your weight, Steve: 168.7. That's down 3.5 since I re-signed with WW. I think this time I will push on down to the 150s. Haven't been there in 34 years. Black bean soup, with shredded chicken and sweet corn for supper tonight, garnished with some low-fat sour cream.
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,578 Member
    Mornin’

Chores mostly today, haven’t been home much lately and things pile up.

I might call a realtor and do some feasibility calculating. With my kayak AND canoe on my car, waiting to have condo association fines slapped on me. There’s a lot needs to be done to my place before I can show it—foggy double pane windows, carpet and floor covering, some painting. Decrepit dishwasher. Just to bring it up to acceptable…,

DGS Leo is a highschool golf star these days. Led his team to a 12-0 record so far this year and won a club championship in the town in Maine where they vacation. (Not a player myself at all.) Family is excited.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,696 Member
    Good Morning
    9 day heat wave is officially over we dropped 10 degrees yesterday and another 10 today to get back into the 80's. Sounds like a good day to make a couple final trips to the transfer station of all the junk we piled in the garage. That place is nasty on hot hot days. More house drama. Relator asked me to get a quote on the 30' common fence with my neighbor which I was going to focus on 2 months ago but was told not to worry about it. My neighbor, whom we are close to, balked at the price which has doubled in 16 years when we last replaced it. He is determined to go cheap and just replace the bad posts and rebuild the existing fence. I told him if he can find someone then fine. At this point we can sell it as is with and allowance for our shared portion of the fence. We shouldn't be working on this 10 days before the open houses start. I believe I have officially run out of patience.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Good Morning,
    Pablo's friend is staying in neighborhood this week, over 100 lb. doodle, they had a great time playing together this morning.
    Taking Toad to PT today, afterward Pablo has another play date set.
    Finally cooler here, down to 60 this morning but will warm into 70's
    When sellers do not cooperate, I have always walked away; sometimes they decide to do what needs to be done, if not it was not meant to be and there are other properties out there.
    Traffic is way up around here, mostly FL folks.