Monday Cuppa Joe: 10.21.24

DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,296 Member
Good morning BBB! Sip your favorite morning brew and settle in…its time for morning roll-call!

"....I like my dog. I like beer. And maybe 3 people." ~Skip 🐾🍺🐾🍺🐾

Replies

• DocSkippy
    GM~
    1. WITW did the weekend go? Here and gone that fast!
    2. Nice weather persists.
    3. Yawwwwwnnnnnn!!! LAD/NYC matchup doesn't spell exciting. It spells old rich greed! Won't be watching.
    4. The Commanders are doing quite well. Morale in city is high.
    5. OP weekend (TY, weeklies). Trying to adjust to Friday weigh-in without having to drive 25+ miles away!
    6. Once again.....so very proud of your authenticity and trust with us, Mary! #ProudofYou! #keepgoing!
    7. Good luck with the move, Steph/Ron!

Cheers for a great week!
    Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,964 Member
    Mornin' BBB

Wow Mary, congratulations are definitely in order. 34 lbs is a significant loss. Thank you for sharing!
    I am being treated with a biologic for my psoriatic arthritis and thank goodness I get help from insurance paying for it, and I get co-pay assistance from the manufacturer. I'm sure you have researched the self pay coupons. Interesting article below, I guess a lot of insurance companies will not cover Zepbound.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/eli-lilly-slashes-zepbound-prices-for-self-pay-patients-140846671.html
    I understand the sport hate thing.

BBB OP ;-)
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,223 Member
    Good morning
    Congrats to Mary! That's awesome. After getting on the scale this am, I need to rein it in. Coffee in hand, an apple in my pocket.

I agree, the weekend went by way too fast.

tonight is dinner with the parents of the 6 kids. we're meeting them at a restaurant, I'm not cooking.

Goodluck moving Steph and Ron!!
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,703 Member
    edited October 21
    Good morning !

Fast game time wise too, for the Commanders BIG scoring win. The Packers got the win too. Thanks to the new kicker!

Thanks for the kind words. I have a ways to go. $550 is my mfg discount coupon/monthly out of pocket cost. $80/mo is what the cost is in the UK. They'd (my health insurance) would cover the surgery at 80% though... smh
    I can closet shop down many sizes. I have lots of smaller sizes to revisit, as I lose.

I got some of my gardens cut back yesterday, but not all. Temps in mid 70s today. I Must open the office windows!

Hope the move is smooth Steph!

Hope you all have a great day!

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,678 Member
    Good morning.

Congrats on the 34 pounds, Mary! It's a shame the insurer won't add it to formulary, but I've learned long ago how insurers and PBMs work together on setting prices, so it's not a surprise to me. I can better understand their resistance on things like Ozempic with its price tag closer to 10x that of Zepbound. My only thought is they look at fallback rates on meds vs surgery. 🤷

I wrote a long rant for the Foundation a couple years back about PBMs. If I can find it, I'll post.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,221 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.
    (((((Mary)))))

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,703 Member
    Lou, I'd be interested to read it!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,854 Member
    Good morning GoaD.
    • Breakfast with the ROMEOs.
    • Discussion with insurance rep on tap.
    • American Legion meeting tonight.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Morning gang.

It's another lovely day here. Temps are back up to the mid 90's this week but the humidity has lessened greatly so it's pretty pleasant as long as you aren't in the direct sun.

Today is weightlifting day so I'll step on the scale for the first time since rejoining when we go to the gym. It's been 10 days so I have high hope for a big number. But Thursday will be my official WI day. I too dipped into weeklies over the weekend.
  • DocSkippy
    Lou - might need some EXECUTIVE assistance? How do I set up the app - so my week starts on Saturday and ends on Friday (my weigh in day)?
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,868 Member
    Good Afternoon,
    Breakfast with old men of neighborhood,
    Physical torture where therapist sent message to doctor and told me to call about catches in shoulder.
    CONGRATS on loss Mary!!! have you called your state insurance commissioner about help in getting insurance to help with cost? May not help, but a call from commissioner's office puts insurance on notice and they do not want an order. A couple of compounding pharmacies around here are making up generic weight loss drugs claim $179 a month.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Skip its in the setting tab under Food.

Hope that helps