Hello All

Options
So, what brings everyone in this group to MFP? I love to learn about people and am fairly new to the site-trying to expand my tools for weight loss and I need all the motivation I can get :)

Replies

• mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My wife used this site last Spring for a "Biggest Loser" type of contest at her work. She encouraged me to check it out and I have been using it as my primary fitness tool since late May. I find it really fits my personality. I like to keep track of things and thinking about food as calories has really helped me make better decisions. 63lbs and losing :)
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I find the tools help me be accountable to myself. It is hard to lie to yourself when the calories are in front of you in black and white.

I also am trying to get rid of the typical sysadmin physique.
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of this year, my "big-boy clothes" felt snug. Then was shocked to see that I was nearly 300 lbs. Told my wife that I didn't want to try another diet. Especially where you loose 10 to 20 pounds in a month or two. Only to find yourself gaining those pounds back then some.

So, simply trying to assess my situation, I looked for a app to track caloric intake and found MFP. Tracked my calories for a week on the app, and then discovered the website. The tracking of the calories, concept of calculating Net Calories made complete sense to me. (Talk about a ah-ha moment).

By late May, I lost 50 lbs and been keeping it off.

Though the holidays are here, I'm considering switching from maintenance "mode" to losing more weight. Maybe get down below 190.
  • Dadof8
    Dadof8 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was receintly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes with a hypo active thyroid (first doctor visit in 20 years, I knew I should have waited!) I needed an easy way to track what I was eating and a coworker showed me the MFP app on his droid. I downloaded it to mine and have been using it for about 2 weeks now.