When you play Skyrim, who will YOU be?

Options
Genem30
Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
"Whenever I play a "choice based" game (Mass Effect, Fable etc) I always take on the character and personality of Commander Riker from Star Trek: TNG. Skyrim will be no different."

LwzuM.jpg

Replies

• ScullyKel
    Options
    I am SOOO Excited for the midnight release of this game. I am still so undecided as to class. I have a feeling I will be like I was with Oblivion and just try them all.

That pic is awesome btw! Thanks for the smile at work :laugh:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    bwahahahaha

...I don't know who I will be yet. I'll get back to you on Friday!
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hah, that's fantastic. I love it. William Riker in Skyrim. Awesome.
  • bcunning
    bcunning Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Why not? We had Picard in Oblivion :)
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I totally just met Johnathan Frakes! Got his autograph too!
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking Argonian this time. Something smashy bashy anyway, unless they've actually improved the magic system.

I was so disappointed when I found out the truth about the dragon shouts. I was hoping it was some kind of Kinect thing that made the player scream different dragon calls at their TV. Would have been so badass.
  • mrs_madame
    mrs_madame Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure which race I will pick, but I almost always go the mage path in RPG games. Granted, in Oblivion that was a bad choice because it was rather hard to play, but hopefully it is better in Skyrim. I have my doubts though because I saw some demo vids from Bethesda and at most you can only have two spells active (one in each hand) and you have to manually change them through the menu. idk, perhaps it'll still be more fluid than Oblivion.

I hope people start making mods asap though, I like to make my character look pretty ^_^ and I'm totally excited for horses, they look much better and more useful this time around...hopefully...
  • thewingnut13
    thewingnut13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am going to be a breton spellsword. Long sword in one hand and destruction spell in the other.
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am going to be a breton spellsword. Long sword in one hand and destruction spell in the other.

^^^ this.
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    Dunmer.... because I read somewhere that their racial involves being shrouded in flames & that sounds pretty.

Otherwise, I generally tend to go fairly "good" based, but I always join whichever assassin's guild is on offer, I'm not entirely sure how I reconcile this with being "good" but as I'm slaughtering innocent monsters by the hundreds anyway, I figure a few more humanoids won't matter all that much :-)

I'm likely to play through a couple of times anyway, so I may well pick a different race next time.

I think I'll be shooting my way through, with a side line in conjuration - I like having something else distract the people I'm going to be putting arrows in
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    I feel like someone needs to educate me on this game. I want it... didn't get into oblivion at all, but want to give the Elder Scrolls games another shot.

They have to have a wiki page or something...
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I feel like someone needs to educate me on this game. I want it... didn't get into oblivion at all, but want to give the Elder Scrolls games another shot.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skyrim

You ever play Fallout 3? It's like that where it's an open world, you can go anywhere, do anything, etc.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skyrim

You ever play Fallout 3? It's like that where it's an open world, you can go anywhere, do anything, etc.

Unfortunately I have not. :( I feel like fallout would be terrifying lol
  • catch1331
    Options
    Dont know yet, but the first thing im going to be doing is joining the Dark Brotherhood.
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Gah I can't decide! I usually go with warriors cause I love wooshing the sword around but the magic looks SO COOL in Skyrim.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Bloody playable races page won't load on my computer >:(
  • Rheatheylia
    Rheatheylia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I need to start thinking about this. I'm thinking a race I haven't played much before, my three favorite characters were a high-elf mage, orc warrior, and wood-elf thief/assassin, I was thinking maybe going Nord, since it is Skyrim and all, but who knows. I'll probably spend hours in the character creator as usual and start several characters before I get to one I love. Either that or recreate one of my loved old characters.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    No idea!