Whew!

Options
CathiAnne
CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
I found my way here finally. So, here we are, 50+ and looking to be fit. I had used the excuse for a long time that my metabolism was slow after 40 so I accepted being fat. I don't know what disgusted me to move but something did. I turned 60 in August and WOW, guess what, I can lose weight at 60. Gee whiz, it's all about portion control. Imagine that.

I'm going to be a grandma in December. Other than for myself, I want to be a fit grandma for my grandchild. Our daughter is going to graduate school and I offered to watch baby Jack on her school night and help one weekend day. I'm going to need some energy and stamina. I do have energy and am building stamina. The new mother will need lots of help. When I went to graduate school she was in junior high/high school and could take care of herself. I'm trying to pay back. This is one of my main reasons for wanting to be fit.

I'm glad to be here and am looking to have a good time in here.

Replies

• samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome CathiAnne. I was trying to set up an intro thread but you beat me to the punch here. Glad you're here. Hopefully we can get more to follow us. I trust the invite got you here? I find that MFP's site isn't the easiest to navigate.
  • Skyechild12345
    Options
    Samantha,

You're right about the navigation part. I had to have Cathianne show me some of the stuff here. She has been a good inspiration for me. Cathi, I know what you mean about the "metabolism slowing down." I was blaming menopause. rofl. Maybe you and I will turn into a couple of babes, eh? lol.

Okay. How come my ticker didn't show up at the bottom of this?