Goals

Options
Tell us about your weight loss goals.

Short term goals?

Long term goals?

Replies

• carimccutcheon
    Options
    I had my first daughter 10/16/06 and was 156 lbs when she was born.
    I never lost that weight and on 07/11/11 I had my second daughter and was 206 when she was born.
    My current weight is 174.4 lbs. My long term goal weight is 140 lbs.
    In the short term I'm having a contest with my friends to be down to 170.6 by Thanksgiving.

What other goals are out there?
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Short term goal is under 120. BUT, I need to firm up my stomach muscles. Dropping weight doesn't mean much when your tummy is all c-section flabby. Ideally my long term goal is between 110-115 (I am short and small framed) but if I can maintain sub-120 I will be content.
  • kbonamour
    kbonamour Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Short term- I would like to drop 15 pounds by New Year's
    Long term- lose 65 pounds by this time next year so that I can buy a hot little dress for next year's New Year's Eve
  • lashawnas
    Options
    short term goal is to be down to 265 by Christmas, only 6 more lbs to go.... Long term goal is to be down to 200lb by June and to do a dirty dash 10k and the Seattle Rock n Roll half both the end of June! Yahoo! GOALS GOALS GOALS!
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Long term - down 100lbs

Short term - 10 lbs at a time.....

I don't have a timeline for myself because I was setting time lines, not meeting them, getting frustrated, and feeling like a failure.
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    short term goal- to be down 30 lbs total by Thanksgiving, which I believe is doable if I work hard and watch what I'm eatting.:wink:

Long term goal- to be 150 lbs and out of double digit pants sizes, (well, heck, I'd be happy with a size 10 to be honest.):laugh:
  • LysieMae
    LysieMae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Short term goal: back to prepregnancy weight (135 lbs) by my birthday, which is February 15th.

Long term goal: Back to about 120 lbs. I'd also like to participate in next years the USMC Mud Run in Columbia, SC next October.
  • rxwoman
    rxwoman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Short term goal -be down 10 pounds by first of the year (just starting out)

Long term goal -be down 20-25 pounds by or before my daughter's first birthday (April 2012)
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Geez, where to start...

Long-term, I want to be down to 170 or so.

Short-term, I want to be under 300 pounds by New Year's. Only 10 pounds to go!
  • Karen_145
    Options
    I'd like to get down to 145. Short term I could probably go lower but around 150 seems to be the easiest to maintain for me. That's still considered overweight for my height but it's a lot better than where I am now. Long term I just want to keep it off. Diabetes and heart issues run in my family and I'd like to prevent those.
  • hkasel
    hkasel Posts: 69
    Options
    short term goal-be able to run 40min at 10 min mile- lose 5 lbs
    long term goal- be able to run 60 min at 10min mile and weigh around 130
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I've made a short term goal of losing 5 lbs a month. This will put me at pre-pregnancy by the end of the year and within 1 year of having him.

Long term goal - 130 lbs with a toned body by next summer.
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't have a timeline for myself because I was setting time lines, not meeting them, getting frustrated, and feeling like a failure.

Yeah, I don't think I have a timeline right now... I had hoped to lose 17 lbs from Oct 7 -Dec 25, but have been stuck at 7 lost for a bit. I don't want to stress too much, so long term goal is about -25 more, fit in to my skinny jeans etc :) Thinking about pulling out my favorites and hanging them around the house for motivation.

Rx, your 10 pounds goal sounds good and may have changed my thinking some. If I can drop another 3 by the end of the year then I'd be able to say, "I lost 10 pounds last year!" and though it wasn't a whole year of effort I think it would be pretty motivating to start next year out right!
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Long term goal is 103 ( I am 4'10")

Short term is to get under 120 by the end of the year.