Binding settings

Options
Since the end of last ski season I have lost 50 pounds, so while my skis are in the shop being tuned up, I'm having the binding settings changed for my current weight. I assume that 50 pounds is a significant enough change for this to be necessary. Do any of you know, though, if I keep losing weight during this ski season (which I plan to) at what point I'll need to have my binding settings adjusted again? I'd appreciate any info you have on this.

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I just got mine done and they said 145 was my next cut off... they also said that since they put me in at 150 (I was 148) at the time that I should keep it that way for a while. They told me because I am a faster skier should keep it up higher... ask them at the shops they will tell you
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I usually crank my din up a couple from what the chart says. If I go down, I'm going to go down hard and fast and I really don't want to yard sale haha
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I keep mine at the same settings now for years. Din 8.
    I used to ride at 10, but I was younger. After a slow twisting fall, my knee got hurt at Din 10, and I learned my lesson before really screwing myself up.
    I've come out of binding maybe twice in the last 3 seasons, and both times I was glad that I did.
  • atomicpunk1974
    Options
    Two winters ago at the beginning of the season I fell, and my ski did not pop off right away, which popped my ACL off my shin bone and took a chunk of the bone with it. Ever since then, I have been careful about my binding settings. I guess now that I only have one ACL left, my chances of another ACL injury have decreased by 50%, but I still want to make sure I'm safe with my binding settings. :) Thanks for all the help with that!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well I'd also ask in the shop!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Two winters ago at the beginning of the season I fell, and my ski did not pop off right away, which popped my ACL off my shin bone and took a chunk of the bone with it. Ever since then, I have been careful about my binding settings. I guess now that I only have one ACL left, my chances of another ACL injury have decreased by 50%, but I still want to make sure I'm safe with my binding settings. :) Thanks for all the help with that!

Where are you set now? The weight may make a little difference but not much.
  • atomicpunk1974
    Options
    I just got my skis back from the shop, and they set my bindings at 6.5. They said that there's a 15-20 pound range, so I guess I'm probably good for the season.
  • Jujubie
    Jujubie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I never even thought of having my skis adjusted with weight loss. They are going in the shop today. Thanks for the tip!