Favorite Comfort Food vs Healthy Alternative

Options
My favorite comfort food is and has been over the last couple of weeks "French Fries"/ Potatoe Chips. Im so not a junk food junky...but ive had this crazy craving for them. Can anyone out there offer a healthier alternative that wont take away!!??

Replies

• amenadenine
    amenadenine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Popcorn helps ease my chip craving and it's more filling than chips. I get the Orville Redenbacher 94% fat free popcorn.
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks..i think i will grab some this weekend when i go shopping! Im sitting here eating the Kettle chips Backyard Barbecue style..soooo good!!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've been a popcorn fanatic since early childhood. Popcorn is the one staple I'm never without. My favorite is Pop Secret Homestyle. I actually had two bags for dinner last night :laugh: You can get the 100 calorie bags so that you get all the flavor without all the calories.
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You could probably try replacing it with another salty food like string cheese or cheese and crackers. Something like laughing cow's light spreadable cheese on triscuits or wheat thins would still be better than chips/fries.
  • Betsybeee
    Betsybeee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I plan one cheat day per week. Every time I want to eat a snack or comfort food, I write it down and save it for my cheat day. If it won't spoil, I'll put it in a bowl on the kitchen table. Then I know I can have the snack in the bowl on my cheat day. It's working good so far. Good luck to you.
  • happyagain80
    happyagain80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The Special K crisps are a great alternative to chips and so delicious!