Where do I read about the 17 Day Diet?

Options
DonnaLFitz
DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
The best way to get the "real" scoop about the 17 Day Diet is to buy the book by Dr. Mike Moreno. It's available in Kindle format for about $11 from Amazon. I'm sure there is also a printed version available.

The book is a quick and easy read. A lot of the content is devoted to meal plans and recipes, but the most important information is about the methodology. Those first few chapters are key to understanding why the diet works, why you should follow it precisely, and how to make it happen.

After that, you can choose to follow the proscribed meal plans and recipes, or build your own, as I did. I followed it very successfully for over four months and my results were very consistent and -- I have to say -- spectacular!

I'm not good at following meal plans and recipes created by others. What I did was take the food categories and build my own eating plan around it. It's do-able, so don't get hung up on the specifics of the recipes. (He has some exotic ingredients in many of them.)

Replies

• gpacheco0768
    gpacheco0768 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I bought the book (hard cover) at B&N. Very easy to read, funny, and I LOVED the sections on ethnic foods and shift work (both applicable to me and my husband). It's been very easy to follow, I'm in C1D9, looking forward to the variety the other cycles offer! For some reason this plan just makes the most sense to me, after Atkins/SBD/etc. and although I've been tempted to cheat, I haven't AT ALL!
  • gpacheco0768
    gpacheco0768 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I picked this BTW because I had lost about 40 lbs and was stuck (and actually up some lbs, so down to a net 37 lost when I started again) because I knew I had to follow some plan to get through this second weight loss segment (the first 40 came off strickly with calorie control and min/mod exercise). The last 20 I have to remove (19 now!) is coming off with this plan and exercise, I have no doubt!
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I bought the book (hard cover) at B&N. Very easy to read, funny, and I LOVED the sections on ethnic foods and shift work (both applicable to me and my husband). It's been very easy to follow, I'm in C1D9, looking forward to the variety the other cycles offer! For some reason this plan just makes the most sense to me, after Atkins/SBD/etc. and although I've been tempted to cheat, I haven't AT ALL!

Me, too... This one just clicked.
  • Daila78
    Options
    4 day in and I totally agree! I can live with this!