Weight Watchers Points materials

Options
I recently went on to ebay.com and I was able to purchase all of the materials for the original Points system! It was new and afforadable and now I don't feel so bad about not being able to use the WW website b/c I have all of the tools at home. i hope they will return to the Points system or make it to where users have an option of Using Points or Points Plus.. I love WW and I love mfp for allowing us to keep track of our nutrition!

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I did ww years ago and still have the old material around, I'm going to check it out, I joined again , but really don't care for the new plan. I've just started back on ww this week.
  • newdaynewme
    newdaynewme Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well great, I have one person with me!!!

I love MFP and all but I find to be more successful doing the old WW plan b/c I know it works. I just ordered the materials from ebay for a really cheap price and I am really excited to get back into it.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Surely more people will find us LOL

Are you doing the plan with the 35 flex pts?
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    As soon as PointsPlus came out I ran to ebay to purchase my materials. They are valuable. The only thing I do miss about etools is that it would automatically multiply and divide for you. So all you had to do was enter how much you ate and what.

Today I use an android application called WWDiary to keep track of points.
  • newdaynewme
    Options
    I also use that same application on my phone! I do use my 35 weekly points. Its my way of rewarding myself for doing good all week
  • Juliane_
    Options
    Just curious. Does anyone here use this website to log their food as well?

Has it worked for you that way? to eat your weeklies? Do you still lose?

I'm currently 30 wks pregnant so I can't really diet per se but I do need to watch my intake because my weight gain with this pregnancy was too high in the beginning.
  • newdaynewme
    Options
    I do i use this site to track my nutrition... congrats on the baby!
  • Juliane_
    Options
    Thank you Newday! I can't wait until the baby is here. Just a few more weeks to go.

Oh I wanted to say that a leader once told that your 35 flex points are there for you to use. That's what they are for. This came out of my complaint that I felt I was starving on just 18 daily points. How many points are you doing daily?
  • newdaynewme
    Options
    I weigh a lot so I get 35 points per day but Im alway starving at the end of the day so i need to eat more fiber and hopefully stay full longer, if I use my 35 weekly points i won't be so hungry so i am glad those are there.. do you know what you are having?
  • koumbay
    koumbay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I bought a kit off ebay with the momentum program in it, it came with a points calculator and the complete food guide from 2010 and a few other materials. My husband and I are doing it together and we are using the 35 flex pts. Does anyone have info on how many pts to have a day? I found a website that listed weights and how many pts but I think that was for woman only, I'm almost positive men should have more pts. It's sad yes my husband and I pretty much weigh the same and so we have been eating the same amt of pts each day, but I just don't think it's enough for him, we are doing 31 a day. Also, a great site for ww is called dwlz..com she has done a lot of leg work on figuring out pts for lots of different foods. She also has an ipod/ipad app, not sure about any other phone apps.
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    I believe men get 9 extra points per day. If you send me a private message I can look at my old week 1 book and figure out the mens daily allowance points! I was a lifetime member on the old Points program, but had ZERO success on pointsplus! Glad to know I was not the only one who LOVED points and HATES pointsplus! I
  • koumbay
    koumbay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just curious. Does anyone here use this website to log their food as well?

Has it worked for you that way? to eat your weeklies? Do you still lose?

I've been tracking my food on here while following the program and so far it's almost bang on the calorie count. I've been eating the amt of pts I'm allowed and usually around 0-100 calories below the calorie goal mfp has set for me.
  • GeauxingtoGoal
    GeauxingtoGoal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. I am feeling so defeated because WW always worked for me in the past, and now I just keep gaining weight even though I am following the program to the best of my ability. I guess I need the accountability of the old program. I'm hoping this will work for me.